Black days
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Black days
Do we remember 1981, when there was a case of works riders appearing in all-black leathers on all-black machines ?

Name the riders, the make of machines and the reason for the situation !

It was 30 years ago !!!
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
02-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Website Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
RE: Black days
(02-05-2011, 11:38 AM)ian huntly Wrote: Do we remember 1981, when there was a case of works riders appearing in all-black leathers on all-black machines ?

Name the riders, the make of machines and the reason for the situation !

It was 30 years ago !!!

Was it really 30 years ago Ian ?, Ron Haslam, Alex George, Joey Dunlop, Honda. Something to do with Honda s interpretation of the ACU's rules being old fashioned. In other words they got beaten by Suzuki !
02-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: Black days
Well done Pat, all details except the shade of black that they used..

I'm booked on the Sunday boat (day before yours) and for a change I'm hanging on until Saturday (After the Fridays races etc) and able to go back to Liverpool instead of Heysham..

All being well, the weather will be OK (I've got a bit of seaweed at the ready) but I also feel that in this day and age races, will not go ahead if there is any sign of falling rain. However, any delays from one day to the next jeopardises real racing and the organisers end up giving us reduced laps which is not for what the customers came.

I wonder if they will be showing a 2D version of the TT Film this year ? We want a DVD !

I recently purchased an old style 3D DVD to test a few things I am working on and it is quite jolly seeing dinosaurs jumping out of the screen at me. I'm trying 3D videoing !
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2011, 09:30 AM by ian huntly.)
02-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Website Find Reply