One Way To Avoid Steam Racket Charges ????
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
One Way To Avoid Steam Racket Charges ????
[Image: manxradiomain.gif]

RAF to deliver racer by Hercules!

TT competitors and spectators will begin pouring into the Isle of Man over the next few days.

Already the paddock at the Grandstand is starting fill up, with the first practice of TT 2011 scheduled for Monday evening, and one racer is about to make a rather unusual entrance, for his first TT.

This afternoon (Friday), a Hercules transport aircraft will deliver Corporal Mike Russell to the Island.

He will be representing the Royal Air Force in this year's races, while the goodwill visit by the C130 will raise the RAF's profile on the Island

The giant Hercules is expected to land at Ronaldsway from RAF Lyneham in Wiltshire in the middle of the afternoon, and will be welcomed by Air Training Corps cadets, airport staff and local residents.

Corporal Russell, known to his fellow servicemen as Jack, has recently returned from a tour of duty in Afghanistan.

He works as a mechanical transport driver and is currently the RAF's top motorcycle road racer.

[Image: mikerussell1.jpg]

The corporal is coming to the TT after a successful apprenticeship in the Manx Grand Prix , where last year he won the Senior race and finished fourth in the Junior event.

He will compete in the 1000cc and 600cc TT races.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 27-05-2011, 09:04 AM by Malcolm.)
27-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Website Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
RE: One Way To Avoid Steam Racket Charges ????
29-05-2011, 10:21 AM
Find Reply