Honda TT Legends Ready to Fight on Familiar Ground
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Honda TT Legends Ready to Fight on Familiar Ground
[Image: hondalegendslogo.jpg]

After contesting the first two rounds of the Endurance World Championship as an all-new outfit, the Honda TT Legends team heads to more familiar ground next week for its namesake event – the Isle of Man TT.

Fifteen-times TT winner and outright lap record holder John McGuinness and teammate Keith Amor are both bike fit and mentally prepared having completed hundreds of superbike laps a piece during the Bol d’Or 24-hour race in France in April, and more recently at the Albacete 8-hour in Spain.

McGuinness’s 15-year knowledge of the circuit cannot be underestimated as he aims to defend his title as the fastest man around the Isle of Man TT lap. Relative newcomer Amor is hoping that his EWC experience, combined with the unrivalled knowledge of the Honda TT Legends team and the dynamic capability of the CBR1000RR Fireblade will help him bring home some solid results.

Following a week of practice sessions from Monday 30 May, McGuinness and Amor will compete for the Honda TT Legends in the Dainese Superbike race on Monday 6 June and the Pokerstars Senior Race on Friday 10 June.

Neil Tuxworth, team manager

We’re sticking to basic principles for the Isle of Man TT – a proven formula for preparing the bikes as we always have, with performance and reliability in mind. The specification of the bike is virtually the same as we ran in 2010. Under the new Honda TT legends livery, we are of course aiming to win both superbike races and have both our riders on the podium.

John McGuinness

Endurance has been really good for me – it’s completely different and it has definitely improved my fitness – but I am so excited to be back at the TT. There’s a buzz about it that you just don’t get anywhere else. I think we have all the right ingredients this year – the team, the bike, the tyres – it’s all there. There are some very competitive riders though and you just never know what will happen – what will be will be but of course I want to win!

Keith Amor

Racing in the endurance championship with the Honda TT Legends means that I have spent more time on a superbike than ever before this year. It has not only provided great experience getting to grips with a superbike but it’s also increased my fitness level. I have the benefit of a brilliant team with years of TT experience behind them and a bike that is a legend in its own right so everything is in place. I’m not stressing about getting my first win, but hopefully we can get on that podium.
28-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Website Find Reply