2011 Gorse Lea Marshals' Report - Number 1
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
2011 Gorse Lea Marshals' Report - Number 1
MARSHAL LORE

The Gorse Lea Marshals are pleased to confirm that, following our exhaustive testing of the Cocoa Red Limited Edition TT100 Bars, we were happy to have the wrappers endorsed with the Gorse Lea Marshals’ Seal of Approval. However, further testing will have to be carried out in order to ensure that the consistently high standards of this luxury product are maintained. We have suggested that these tests should be routinely carried out on a daily basis.

The Last of the Summer Whinge Troop, under the leadership of Reginald Robert Berrie, DSM, arrived early on station at the Harold Leece Shelter, Gateway to The Wild West (and Greeba Frontier Post) to commence their TT2011 tour of duties. The ever-increasing array of equipment was being sorted, tested and positioned strategically when someone suggested that the kerbs had been painted on the inside of the bend. This submission was initially pooh-poohed by all, as our many previous requests to have the kerbs redecorated had been rejected. But there they shone, in gleaming black and white, evidence that our astute council had finally been acknowledged.

It was soon observed that one of the guardian trees had fallen victim to winter storms, exposing our southern defences and driving a refugee horde of homeless midges to seek food and sanctuary in our Shelter. Avon Skin So Soft was applied liberally to all areas before the crew embarked on arranging the four large round straw bales into the accepted defensive formation. Hutchy and Knighter were spectators on Harold’s Bank for one evening, but were fearful of returning for a second session due to the severity of the midge attacks.

Each evening the course was inspected and cleared of debris, before flasks were drawn and hors d’oeuvres, generously sponsored by Earl O’Neill of Tyrone and his Langness Maintenance Services Limited, were laid out on the round bale. By the time roads closed we had usually secured the Gorse Lea position, and rewarded ourselves with coffee, delicious home-made cake from Mrs Berrie's multiple-award-winning Aaron House, Port St Mary, establishment (appointed supplier of high-class gateaux and beverages to the Gorse Lea Marshals). The delicious Main Course was munificently provided by Mrs Holland of Ballakilpheric. One of our team remarked that there was a herd of cows grazing in a field near The Shelter, but was instantly reminded that it was a lot of bullocks.

Following a fine buffet the team attended to less urgent duties. The Jan Grainger Flag of Oz and two Koala Brothers were positioned where Cameron could appreciate their support. This proved crucial in boosting him to second place in Saturday’s race.

The first week passed fairly uneventfully apart from the odd case of flat EGOG which was dealt with swiftly and efficiently using the new Dave-Dentith-Designed-Reggie-Berrie-Broom. It was unanimously agreed by The Knights of The Gorse Lea Round T-Bale that we would stop whingeing unless we had something to complain about. Regrettably a swift and totally unprovoked horsefly strike, on a point to the west of our DSM’s snout, soon put a stop to that.

Gorse Lea Marshals – Always up to scratch!
[Image: horse-fly-1.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2011, 11:06 PM by John Foster.)
05-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: 2011 Gorse Lea Marshals' Report - Number 1
As usual a brilliant read Foz

Malcolm
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
06-06-2011, 08:47 AM
Website Find Reply