Raised Profile - You're joking
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Raised Profile - You're joking
Headline in MCN

---"DOOHAN AND HAYDEN STUNNED BY TT: "IT'S MADNESS" !!

Well, I am sure that that has "raised" the profile of the TT.....NOT !

Have you read their comments ??
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
15-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Raised Profile - You're joking
This is what you come to expect from that particular publication Ian, and although their so called statement may say "It's Madness", I just wonder exactly within which context that was actually said.

I wouldn't waste my time or money on this particular publication and have not purchased it for many a year. In my humble opinion it is not worth the paper it is published upon and any headlines of the type you say are contained within, are there purely for the purposes of "shock & horror" in an attempt to sensationalise their reporting and for no other reason than to "grab the attention" of the ill-informed.

Why oh why the TT organising committee put up with the MCN members of staff who attend the TT year after year is absolutely beyond me.

My Personal opinion
15-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Oh Malcolm, the MCN tester got a ride on Guy Martins bike and was himself part of the parade !! A perk of the job !!!?????? !!!!

I think Norrie Whyte MUST be rolling in his grave....The way he reported the TT, I still have his reports in my collection, I wouldn't keep any of this appraisal of the TT...Shame on them !

........I'm a bit surprised that Gary Pinchin is not more TT orientated .......... I thought he used to keep some sanity in the press office !
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 15-06-2011, 08:34 PM by ian huntly.)
15-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Website Find Reply
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
(15-06-2011, 07:55 PM)Malcolm Wrote: This is what you come to expect from that particular publication Ian, and although their so called statement may say "It's Madness", I just wonder exactly within which context that was actually said.

I wouldn't waste my time or money on this particular publication and have not purchased it for many a year. In my humble opinion it is not worth the paper it is published upon and any headlines of the type you say are contained within, are there purely for the purposes of "shock & horror" in an attempt to sensationalise their reporting and for no other reason than to "grab the attention" of the ill-informed.

Why oh why the TT organising committee put up with the MCN members of staff who attend the TT year after year is absolutely beyond me.

My Personal opinion

Agreed its not a good paper it is fact gutter press journalism.
Roll on Kells 2010
17-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Find Reply
George Offline

Threads: 50
The ISLE OF MAN Government pay the MCN many £1000s per year, so why would the MCN give bad publicity to the event. Maybe the Brown Envelope ain't big enough or they have run out of them.

Maybe the ACU should do a story on the way the other entrants to the TT are treated. Or why the Race support Vans of Ernie Coates and Co have been told they are not welcome at the event,
(This post was last modified: 17-06-2011, 07:07 PM by George.)
17-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
George, do you mean that perhaps MCN should do a story, whereas you have said the ACU ?

Regarding Ernie Coates and the others who have been supporting the requirements of the participants for years. I am led to believe that the issue is where they are being re-located to. I am told that this is because of the space that is required by Race Teams who are bringing in ever increasing numbers of large articulated vehicles, and that these take precedence over the Parts Support Vehicles. I believe that Ernie and Co have been moved further down the paddock and have not been informed that they are not wanted at the TT anymore.
17-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Website Find Reply
George Offline

(17-06-2011, 12:47 PM)Malcolm Wrote: George, do you mean that perhaps MCN should do a story, whereas you have said the ACU ?

Regarding Ernie Coates and the others who have been supporting the requirements of the participants for years. I am led to believe that the issue is where they are being re-located to. I am told that this is because of the space that is required by Race Teams who are bringing in ever increasing numbers of large articulated vehicles, and that these take precedence over the Parts Support Vehicles. I believe that Ernie and Co have been moved further down the paddock and have not been informed that they are not wanted at the TT anymore.

From Ernie Coats and Dennis Trollops own mouths, they were told this year that they were no longer wanted at the event as they gave a bad image to the event. And when they made a responce that their services were needed by the riders were told that the TT was an International event and that the teams entered would carry all the spares they need just like any other BSB meeting Quote. They could have been located in their usual spots in B paddock this year if they were to pay the fee of £6000-00
(This post was last modified: 17-06-2011, 07:15 PM by George.)
17-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39
Isle of Man Government do not pay any money to MCN. We don't even take any advertising out with them at present.

No traders in the paddock have been told that they are 'not wanted' not have any been told that they are required to pay a fee of £6000 to secure a spot in the paddock.

Regards

Paul Phillips
TT & Motorsport Development Manager
17-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Find Reply
George Offline

(17-06-2011, 09:11 PM)Paul Phillips Wrote: Isle of Man Government do not pay any money to MCN. We don't even take any advertising out with them at present.

No traders in the paddock have been told that they are 'not wanted' not have any been told that they are required to pay a fee of £6000 to secure a spot in the paddock.

Regards

Paul Phillips
TT & Motorsport Development Manager

Are you saying that Ernie Coates, Dennis Trollop and Ted are not in possession of the true facts ???.

Why were they moved from their usual spots in paddock B if it was not for costs ?????
(This post was last modified: 18-06-2011, 07:54 AM by Malcolm.)
17-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Find Reply