‘Green TT’ founder is honoured
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
‘Green TT’ founder is honoured
[Image: iomonlinegif.gif]

[Image: ttxgplogo.gif]

THE founder of the TTXGP has been awarded an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours.

Azhar Hussain was instrumental in bringing the world’s first clean emissions motorcycle race to the island for the 2009 TT.

But amid an acrimonious split, he pulled out before the following year’s event, leaving the Manx government to organise the event itself. It was given a new name – TT Zero.

But TTXGP continues as an international series with races in seven countries and more than 30 teams worldwide taking to the track in 2011.

Mr Hussain said he was honoured to be awarded the MBE. He said: ‘It’s the first mainstream award for zero carbon motorsport, and given that we have only two seasons behind us, it symbolises the huge impact we have already made, as well as the enormous potential of the industry.

‘TTXGP has made a significant contribution to motorsport, and this honour from the Queen acknowledges it.

‘In truth the award belongs to the teams, suppliers, tracks, governments and many others who stand with TTXGP and believe we can all make a difference.

‘Competition not only provides great challenge and entertainment but also improves the breed; we hope that it will come to be seen as a milestone in bringing new transportation technology to the world beyond motorsports.’

[Image: ttxgpwinnerpodium.jpg]
Azhar Hussain, left, is pictured at the conclusion of the first ever clean emissions race
around the TT Mountain Course in June 2009 alongside race winner Rob Barber
and Agni team owner Arvind Rabadia, right.
Mr Hussain pulled out of the following years event after an acrimonious split with the Isle of Man Government

At the time of the 2010 split, the Manx government claimed Mr Hussain had not been prepared to sacrifice a rival event in Paris during TT fortnight in order to be at the TT.

But the TTXGB founder insisted: ‘I can confirm the question of Paris or issues of financial packages were not factors in the decision-making and am disappointed that it is being suggested so. We remain surprised about the decision as we did everything possible to make this happen.’

The first clean emissions event at the TT was won by Chris Heath and the Electric Motorsport team. The fastest lap went to Rob Barber and Team Agni, who recorded 87.434mph.
22-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Website Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39
RE: ‘Green TT’ founder is honoured
Gawd...

They give honours out for any old thing these days!

I see Mr H is no better at spin doctoring than he was when he came on iomtt.com trying to justify the joke that TTxGP undoubtedly was.

...more than 30 entries worldwide..."

There were FOUR starters at the first round of the American TTxGP series.

There were FIVE starters at the first round of the European effort at Silverstone the other day.

So, does that mean there will be over 20 starters in the Australian version? Somehow I doubt it.

I'm afraid the man's in total denial about what a king size flop this venture actually is.
22-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Website Find Reply
ade! Offline

Threads: 30
RE: ‘Green TT’ founder is honoured
trouble is, edward turner et al said the same thing about the japanese bike invasion. wonder if he was still alive they'd be making the mark 72 speed twin, now in green with gold pinstriping. sorry, got my pedantic head on.
ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
22-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Find Reply