Eddie Nelson - Gone (nearly) !!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Eddie Nelson - Gone (nearly) !!
It has been announced that Eddie Nelson has stepped down as CoC for the TT, with immediate effect.

He will stay on as Safety Officer.

Gary Thompson ( ACU General Secretary )will take on the CoC job

[Image: eddienelson.jpg]

Very interesting. I wonder what brought that about ??
(This post was last modified: 23-06-2011, 10:53 AM by Malcolm.)
23-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: Eddie Nelson - Gone (nearly) !!
At first I thought they said Gary JOHNSON !!
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
23-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Website Find Reply
George Offline

Threads: 50
Any ***hole that tell the Hard working Marshals to stop moaning and get on with the job should be shot, never mind stepping down. Nice to see another new job being created for the Boys, who's paying for this, yes the riders. I don't believe any of the Isle of Man riders got any financial assistance this year, jet they can find the money to create timber stages for other riders in the NodNod brigade.
(This post was last modified: 23-06-2011, 04:34 PM by Malcolm.)
23-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
With all due respect to the Hard Working Marshalls (I'm pleased to know many of you as friends), I think this whole episode has now run its full and laboured course and I think that, while it happened, Mr Nelson was under great stress this year, stress that might have been reduced by some sensible, considered communication from both sides of this argument, without blowing it way out of proportion.

Mr Nelson has since apologised and he is to be judged on that, not on a comment made when everything had got on top of him.

Put yourselves in his shoes for a minute............................His job wasn't easy at the best of times.

Please let this lie now, he has decided to go, he is now the loser in a cringeworthy war of words.

I hope that you would now consider retracting that totally unnecessary description of him and put away your gun... He made a mistake and its over now.....

Let's look towards 2012 !!
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 23-06-2011, 04:48 PM by ian huntly.)
23-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

This should not turn into a witch-hunt.

The indiscretions of Eddie Nelson have resulted in his stepping down from the position of CoC,, his position no longer tenable. This being considered a morally acceptable response, by those in authority.

Therefore there is no need for any further retribution, as it is no longer warranted, there is no further satisfaction or benefit to be gained by any individual or group by continuing with this.

What do you hope to achieve by continuing to "wring this out" in public - exile, psychiatric imprisonment, outlawing the transgressor and thereafter absolute shunning of the individual at every further opportunity ?

Let it lie.
23-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Website Find Reply
George Offline

(23-06-2011, 05:20 PM)Malcolm Wrote: This should not turn into a witch-hunt.

The indiscretions of Eddie Nelson have resulted in his stepping down from the position of CoC,, his position no longer tenable. This being considered a morally acceptable response, by those in authority.

Therefore there is no need for any further retribution, as it is no longer warranted, there is no further satisfaction or benefit to be gained by any individual or group by continuing with this.

What do you hope to achieve by continuing to "wring this out" in public - exile, psychiatric imprisonment, outlawing the transgressor and thereafter absolute shunning of the individual at every further opportunity ?

Let it lie.

I'm a bit confused, Your recent topic Safety Officer, So hes doing almost the same job but under a different title and probably a larger salary.
23-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

(23-06-2011, 06:35 PM)George Wrote:

Let it lie.

I'm a bit confused, Your recent topic Safety Officer, So hes doing almost the same job but under a different title and probably a larger salary.

Mmmm .. Your assertion pertaining to the content of my other posting, could possibly be construed as being active confirmation that favors the content of your own posting. There again perhaps simply jocose !!!
23-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Website Find Reply
George Offline

Angel
(23-06-2011, 07:01 PM)Malcolm Wrote:
(23-06-2011, 06:35 PM)George Wrote:

Let it lie.

Mmmm .. Your assertion pertaining to the content of my other posting, could possibly be construed as being active confirmation that favors the content of your own posting. There again perhaps simply jocose !!!

Party1
23-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
It has been announced that Eddie Nelson has stepped down as CoC for the TT, with immediate effect.

He will stay on as Safety Officer.

SAFETY OFFICER ?

This is a joke, isn't it ? ?

Confused
23-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Find Reply
ade! Offline

Threads: 30
since when have they made somebody that's been a CoCk for years a safety officer? hi larry, hope you're well me old flower?
cheers, ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
25-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Find Reply