GUY MARTIN BLOG
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
GUY MARTIN BLOG
[Image: suzukiplainhdr.jpg]

Relentless Suzuki by TAS International Road Racer Guy Martin talks about his Isle of Man TT experience that saw him collect four podiums - and a victory in the Port St Mary Steam Rally!

Writing blogs is not really my scene but I'm not shy of a challenge.

It's been a few weeks since the end of the Isle of Man TT eh... soon flies doesn't it? But I can look back at this year's TT with a bit of a smile on my face. I won the best in show at the Port St Mary Steam Rally with my 1910 Amanco stationary engine. Whatever floats your boat, I know, but I've been craving for one of these open crank models for ages, and to get a win with her first show was a treat.

As for the motorbikes, I suppose I can't complain either: four finishes and four podiums wasn't a bad show, but I'm sure if you'd have put my granny on the Relentless Suzuki bikes, she'd have had similar results.

The way the bikes were built and the way the lads carried out the pit stops were first class. I was the only one letting the side down by not bringing a win home, but I can assure you, there was no lack of effort on my part.

Not a lot else to mention really. It was good to get straight back into work after being away for nearly two weeks. A couple of 100 hour weeks soon gets rid of a little bit of enthusiasm, but I've just started a good year's project at work: it's a massive job, if any of you know what a '143 500' is you'll know what I mean. Ill get 'em to stick some pics up when I get five minutes.

Keep 'er steady eh?
27-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Website Find Reply
an old man returns Offline

Threads: 22
RE: GUY MARTIN BLOG
Errrrrr Scania unit usually heading up articulated trailer....I know shoot me now Huh
I was there many times a few years ago, returned in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. SUPPORT THE MGP
(This post was last modified: 27-06-2011, 01:18 PM by an old man returns.)
27-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Find Reply