William Dunlop wins four races at Skerries road races
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
William Dunlop wins four races at Skerries road races
[Image: bbcsport.gif]

William Dunlop outshone brother Michael by winning four races at the Skerries 100 meeting near Dublin on Saturday.

The Ballymoney man, who rides for the Wilson Craig Honda team, took the chequered flag in the Supertsport, 125cc, 250 and the grand final races.

Dubliner Derek Shiels won the first Open race ahead of John Burrows with William Dunlop beating brother Michael to third place.

Michael was runner-up in the Supersport with Saintfield's Davy Morgan in third.

Wayne Kennedy was second behind William Dunlop in the 125s with Nigel Moore in third.

William Dunlop led the Grand Final race from start to finish lead to beat Michael Dunlop, who set a new lap record, and Davy Morgan was third.

John Burrows won the Super Twins race.
02-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Website Find Reply
George Offline

Threads: 50
RE: William Dunlop wins four races at Skerries road races
Congratulations to William, but once again these silly little tracks in Southern Ireland have caused havoc. Another rider is fighting for his life tonight and I can only wish him all the best
02-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Find Reply
ade! Offline

Threads: 30
silly little tracks? are you real? this is real road racing, not like waiting 20 poxy minutes stuck up on a mountain top freezing your ass off in june, for some superstar to come poncing past on his million pound honda. these are the learning grounds, the bread and butter, where superstars of the future learn their trade on bikes that most of them have sold everything but their souls to race. without these 'silly little tracks' there'd be no joeys, no roberts, no darrans, no ryans. do you want any more? there's hundreds of them. long live irish road racing [but, if you want a silly track, go to the nw200, and that aint irish - yet]. how many died at the tt this year, and last year, and the years before that? i don't hear you slagging that off, or is that just because you live there? Icon_lol well done william, by the way. good man, and hopefully get well soon to the injured rider.
ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2011, 01:06 AM by ade!.)
03-07-2011, 12:52 AM
Find Reply
George Offline

Threads: 50
(03-07-2011, 12:52 AM)ade! Wrote: silly little tracks? are you real? this is real road racing, not like waiting 20 poxy minutes stuck up on a mountain top freezing your ass off in june, for some superstar to come poncing past on his million pound honda. these are the learning grounds, the bread and butter, where superstars of the future learn their trade on bikes that most of them have sold everything but their souls to race. without these 'silly little tracks' there'd be no joeys, no roberts, no darrans, no ryans. do you want any more? there's hundreds of them. long live irish road racing [but, if you want a silly track, go to the nw200, and that aint irish - yet]. how many died at the tt this year, and last year, and the years before that? i don't hear you slagging that off, or is that just because you live there? Icon_lol well done william, by the way. good man, and hopefully get well soon to the injured rider.
ade!

You cant compare the TT with the likes of the Skerries or Killalane, Riders at the TT do 10 times more track time at twice the speeds. The IOM continues to spend £millions on improvements each year to try and improve the safety, how much is spent at the Southern tracks.
I would agree that the NW200 is not the best of road races but take a look at the UGP which is now one of the safest road races about and that's what all meetings should be aiming for.
I was at Killalane last year and could not believe the state of the roads, how they got a licence to run a race Ill never know, large pot holes, very bad repairs, mud and dirt on the roads ect. Superbikes are now to powerfull for the smaller tracks, so maybe a re think should be looked at so the up and coming riders can cut their teeth in road racing.
Update on the rider injured yesterday ( Andrew Brown) is that he came through some major surgery during the night and is now stable but still critical in Hospital
03-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Find Reply
ade! Offline

Threads: 30
and the southern 100? very silly little track that the riders love, [and i do] for the track itself and the great club that runs it. what's the difference between skerries in ireland and the s100 track in iom where you live? how many great, not good, but great road racers are from ireland and how many are from iom [and britain, nz, oz, switzerland, etc, etc]? i rest my case, don't get me wrong, i respect ALL roads racers, but if you - ah f.i, what's the point? end of cov.
ade!
p.s. since when has the tt lap speed been twice as fast as skerries, the ulster, tandragee, cookstown etc? never. the ugp is faster and far, far more fun than the tt will ever be, but then i'm not a manxie am i? sorry malcolm if you're reading this Icon_lol
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
23-07-2011, 12:58 AM
Find Reply
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
Ireland is the capital of road racing were riders learn their trade ok accidents do happen as on any race track but the clubs involved do their best to make safety a priority.
Roll on Kells 2010
23-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
(23-07-2011, 12:58 AM)ade! Wrote: and the southern 100? very silly little track that the riders love, [and i do] for the track itself and the great club that runs it. what's the difference between skerries in ireland and the s100 track in iom where you live? how many great, not good, but great road racers are from ireland and how many are from iom [and britain, nz, oz, switzerland, etc, etc]? i rest my case, don't get me wrong, i respect ALL roads racers, but if you - ah f.i, what's the point? end of cov.
ade!

p.s. since when has the tt lap speed been twice as fast as skerries, the ulster, tandragee, cookstown etc? never. the ugp is faster and far, far more fun than the tt will ever be, but then i'm not a manxie am i? sorry malcolm if you're reading this Icon_lol

No problem Ade, you are perfectly entitled to your opinion and as long as the verbal exchanges do not develop into a vitriolic diatribe, then it's fine by me. When it does, then I shall intervene.

Malcolm
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
23-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Website Find Reply