William Dunlop Racing - Skerries Race Report
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
William Dunlop Racing - Skerries Race Report
[Image: wdunlophdr.jpg]

I want to ride this Superbike as much as I can".

Confident words from William Dunlop after he stole the show at a sunny AON Bikecare Skerries Road Races on Sunday when the Wilson Craig backed Honda rider took four wins from five starts, to dominate the event and land himself the title of Man of the Meeting.

In a blistering display, Dunlop took wins in the 125-250-600 and Superbike class's with William blitzing the opposition on way to his quartet of success, and is now eager to persuade his Sponsor Wilson Craig to let him ride the Superbike at this weekends Walderstown road races near Athlone.

William Dunlop:

"I really enjoyed this weekend as everything just fell into place the way that I had been planning it to do. Winning the Grand Final on Wilson's Superbike was brilliant, and I just want to ride this superbike as much as I can now, as I know that with more time on it the better I will get. That was my first Irish Superbike race win at National level since I won the Grand Final at Walderstown in 2007 on Raymond Lilleys Suzuki, so it was long overdue you could say. The Wilson Craig Superbike just makes you want to ride it, unlike when I rode the CD Racing R1, as it made you feel like not want to ride it, so Its filling me with confidence all the time. The 125 and 250cc race wins where good, but I did not understand all the fuss about the possibility that I might not get the 250cc race win as my transponder was not working, but when you are the first bike over the finish line, I think it is kind of easy to work out who won. Michael and I had a good battle in the Supersport 600 race, and I just managed to hold him off in the end by something like 0.3 seconds, so getting a win on the 600 was very important to me. I am feeling full of confidence at the moment and most of all, enjoying my racing."

AON Bikecare Results

125cc Race
1st = William Dunlop Delaney Honda
2nd = Wayne Kennedy Honda
3rd = Nigel Moore Honda
4th = Darren Burns Honda
5th = Sam Dunlop Honda

250cc Race
1st = William Dunlop MD Honda
2nd = Davy Morgan DMSC Honda
3rd = Wayne Kennedy Honda
4th = J Ella Honda
5th = Ed Manley Honda

Supersport 600 Race
1st = William Dunlop Wilson Craig Honda
2nd = Michael Dunlop Street Sweep Yamaha
3rd = Davy Morgan CSC Branson Yamaha
4th = Derek Shiels Honda
5th = Adrian Archibald Suzuki

Grand Final
1st = William Dunlop Wilson Craig Honda
2nd = Michael Dunlop Street Sweep Kawasaki
3rd = Derek Shiels Honda
4th = Davy Morgan Strangford Holiday Inn Suzuki
5th = John Burrows Suzuki

Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
05-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Website Find Reply