CONFIDENCE BOOSTING TOP TWENTY FOR JENNY TINMOUTH AT SNETTERTON 300!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CONFIDENCE BOOSTING TOP TWENTY FOR JENNY TINMOUTH AT SNETTERTON 300!
[Image: jennytinmouthhdr.jpg]

Having settled back into the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship in difficult conditions north of the border last time out, Jenny Tinmouth tackled the much talked about new 2.97 mile Snetterton 300 circuit last weekend. Getting to grips with the new layout Jenny finished in 27th place in Saturday’s sprint race but followed up with an impressive 18th position in Sunday’s feature race.

Using both of Friday’s free practice sessions to find her lines and braking markers she would improve her times by over three seconds to end the day with a time of 1 minute 57.744 seconds placing her in 24th position going into Saturday’s one and only qualifying session.

As everybody increased their pace during qualification, Jenny did the same, reducing her times by a further second to take 23rd place on the grid for the sprint race.

Unfortunately the race didn’t go altogether to plan with Jenny losing several places in the early laps largely due to braking issues in the heavy braking areas, but despite the 27th place finish she had gained further knowledge of the circuit which she would take forward into Sunday’s feature race.

With different brake pads fitted Jenny lined up in 28th place on the grid for Sundays 15 lap feature race. This time she made a good start and immediately benefitted from the improved braking performance. At the completion of lap one she had gained three places, and was in 20th position by lap five. Continuing to battle hard with her rivals, she gained two further places, taking the chequered flag in a highly respectable 18th position setting her best time on lap ten, a time of 1 minute 55.132 seconds, which equates to a huge six seconds improvement from the time she set during the opening free practice.

[Image: jennytsnetterton.jpg]

Now having two rounds under her belt back on the trusty Manx Glass and Glazing backed Honda CBR600RR Jenny’s confidence is coming back in abundance as she looks forward to her ‘home’ round next time out at Oulton Park.

“I really enjoyed the new Snetterton 300 circuit, first of all getting used to the new layout and then to progressively improve my lap times. During the weekend I got myself settled back into Supersport racing and had a really good second race. I’m pleased with the result and my progress over the weekend, I’m really happy on the bike and my confidence is growing each time I go out on track. It was a really good weekend and now I’m looking forward to Oulton Park, my local round in just over a week’s time. As always massive thanks to Steve, Martin, Ken at Majestic Engineering, and my main sponsor, Manx Glass and Glazing. ”

Jenny Tinmouth

Jenny can next be seen in action at round seven of the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship which takes place over the weekend of 15-17 July at Oulton Park, Cheshire.

Photography by:
Stephen Gilbert
http://www.planet2d.com

Written and distributed by
Martin Knighton
Jenny Tinmouth Racing
06-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Website Find Reply