OILSPILLS
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
OILSPILLS
I have been re-reading the 2005 TT Programme and found on page 38 a whole page ad about isol8 which apparently was the choice of the Isle of Man...to absorb oil spills..."Enabling racing to continue safely without delay".....The ad states that it was used on the "TT Track" and had been since 2000.

Is it still used ????

Could the delay times after an oil spill be significently reduced using this product ???

see http://www.isol8.co.uk/
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
17-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Website Find Reply
beepee Offline

Threads: 23
RE: OILSPILLS
Basically the answer is no,from my personal experience this product is no more than coconut fibre or similar which certainly is highly absorbent but does not clean the residue from the surface,that can only be done with detergent and/or a dispersal agent.
17-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Find Reply
Chris Maybury Offline

Threads: 1
RE: OILSPILLS
Being a relatively new member of the "Orange Army", I had asked many times which is best, cement powder or the coconut brown stuff. I never really received a conclusive answer other than comments that the cement can set on damp surfaces. (I have attended two IMCs with the TTMA but always forgot to get definitive answers)

From that, I assumed that a damp surface would not allow the oil to soak in and the coconut fibre product would absorb the surface oil better than cement dust.

beepee, do you have any views on this question?

Signed "Confused" Saudi Arabia
***A Balanced Meal is a FULL PINT in Each Hand***
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2011, 07:38 AM by Chris Maybury.)
18-07-2011, 07:33 AM
Find Reply