HEAVY RAIN DENIES TINMOUTH A SECOND CHANCE AT OULTON PARK!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HEAVY RAIN DENIES TINMOUTH A SECOND CHANCE AT OULTON PARK!
[Image: jennytheader2011.jpg]

Heavy rain dominated proceedings on race day at round seven of the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship held at Oulton Park last weekend, leading to the cancellation of the feature Supersport race on safety grounds. Throughout the weekend Jenny had made good progress on her Manx Glass and Glazing backed Honda CBR600RR despite a crash during the early stages of Saturday’s sprint race.

Completing 32 laps over the two dry free practice sessions on the Friday, Jenny would feel confident going into Saturday’s one and only qualifying session. However, conditions had changed, the competitors being greeted with a wet and greasy 2.69 mile circuit. Jenny soon got to grips with these conditions and set about posting a respectable lap time. As conditions improved she pitted to change to an intermediate rear tyre in a bid to further improve her time. Riding with confidence she was sitting well inside the top twenty until the closing stages, just being shuffled down to 21st place on the grid for Saturday’s sprint race.

With the track having now dried out, Jenny took her position on row six of the grid for the ten lap race. Making a good start she would find herself battling for position at the end of lap one. Unfortunately this would be short lived as whilst negotiating the Britten’s chicane on lap two she clipped the curb with the engine casing causing her to crash out of the race. A few minutes later she rode back into the pits. There appeared to be little damage to her machine but Jenny had damaged two fingers during the incident preventing her from continuing. Having visited the medical centre it was later discovered that she had small breaks to both fingers.

With the ‘poorly fingers’ suitably strapped up, Jenny went into Sunday morning warm up in typical determined fashion setting the twelfth fastest time in the damp and deteriorating conditions.

The rain continued throughout the day and by the time the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport race was scheduled to start conditions were considered unsafe for the riders. Several delays and track inspections followed before the inevitable decision to abandon racing for the day.

“It’s always disappointing to not be able to race but conditions had deteriorated so you have to respect the decision of the organisers. I felt that I had made some good progress throughout the weekend and now with three rounds under my belt I’m getting back in the groove, there is still more to come from me but we are getting there. I was gutted to crash in Saturday’s race, I’ve broken two fingers but that’s racing! We can now look forward to racing on the GP circuit at Brands Hatch in a few weeks time which is one of my favourite tracks.

I would like to say a huge thank you to Greg and everyone at Manx Glass and Glazing that travelled over from the Isle of Man to watch me race, and to Peter Stubbs our local Mac Tools distributor for his support at my home round. Thanks also to Steve and Martin for all their help over the weekend.”

Jenny Tinmouth

[Image: jennytoulton2011.jpg]
Photography by:Stephen Gilbert. http://www.planet2d.com

The re-scheduled race will take place during the final round of this year’s series over the weekend of 7-9 October on the Grand Prix circuit at Brands Hatch, making the final round of this year’s series an exciting triple header.

Jenny can next be seen in action at round eight of the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship which also takes place at Brands Hatch over the weekend of 5-7 August.

Written and distributed by
Martin Knighton
Jenny Tinmouth Racing
21-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Website Find Reply