MARTIN ENJOYS ARMOY RUN-OUT BEFORE THE UGP
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MARTIN ENJOYS ARMOY RUN-OUT BEFORE THE UGP
[Image: relentless2011hdr.jpg]

Despite feeling a tad second hand after a nasty Downhill Mountain Bike crash during the week, Guy Martin did enjoy his run-out at Armoy Road Races yesterday with a couple of solid results: third in the Supersport race and fourth in the Open class. Guy retired from the Grand Final on lap three.

The Lincolnshire rider didn't want to let the organisers down by pulling out of the event at the last minute, but made no excuses and soaked up the local hospitality at a circuit he thoroughly enjoys attending.

[Image: guyarmoy1.jpg]

Guy Martin

"No excuses boy. I wasn't on top form due to a big crash last week, but I enjoyed the run out and it was good to be on the bikes again before the Ulster Grand Prix in just over a week. I really enjoy the Armoy circuit and the fans are great – it was a good day's racing."

Philip Neill – Team Manager

"It's always nice to support the local scene when we can and Guy really does enjoy racing on the Armoy circuit. It was a good event with some great racing, and as Guy says, it's another run-out before the Ulster. The results were maybe not what we were looking for, but given that he actually started at all after the Mountain Bike crash, we're happy enough what we came away with."
04-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Website Find Reply