Hot off the press BROOKES FOR TT 2012
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Hot off the press BROOKES FOR TT 2012
By David Miller

Relentless Suzuki's Josh Brookes is ploughing on with his plans to compete in next year's Isle of Man TT Races, following up his parade lap at this year's festival with a trip to the Manx Grand Prix and a tour of the circuit with Milky Quayle.

The Bringelly man, who will begin his scrap for the British Superbike Championship at Donington Park this weekend, flew over to the island with seven other newcomers to gain more of an insight into what racing the Mountain Course entails and his appetite was further whetted.

"The more you get into it and learn about it, the more you want to do it. I am fascinated by the whole idea of the TT and I am very serious about taking part next year especially now I've been around loads of times with Milky and John Barton," enthused Brookes, while on the phone to bikesportnews.com this evening.

"We did laps in a Transit with Milky, stopping at various places to look at what the corners do, and then in hire cars at 5am so we could see what it is like with no traffic on the road. When it gets broken down into sections like they did, it is even more exciting. It's such a challenge and there is nothing else like it. It's like gold.

"I can see why people go back year after year, and Simon Andrews gets big respect for what he did this year at his first attempt. Hopefully it will all come together."
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2011, 11:57 AM by ian huntly.)
07-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Website Find Reply
beepee Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Hot off the press BROOKES FOR TT 2012
Hmmm, should help him smooth out his riding style.
07-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
(07-09-2011, 06:16 PM)beepee Wrote: Hmmm, should help him smooth out his riding style.

I certainly hope so - judging from BSB TV coverage, it don't half need it Icon_exclaim
07-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
The TT has MotoGP and BSB riders coming over to parade and give their "opinion" of the course, the crowds and the rest..

I have always thought that it would be a good reciprocation if MotoGP invited some of the TT riders to do laps of the MotoGP courses.

I for one would be interested to read John McGuinnesses opinion of a 2 mile niggly circuit compared with the awesome TT Course......

Has this ever been done journalistically or is TT Racing a poor relation in the eyes of some of these guys in tabards who stand on the grid at MotoGP filling spaces so they can be seen on the TV??
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2011, 10:59 AM by ian huntly.)
08-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Website Find Reply
beepee Offline

Threads: 23
Well what an innovative idea Ian,trouble is how do you persuade the Moto GP owners to even acknowledge that any other form of racing exists.

I would expect the crowds at a monsoon ridden GP in Malaysia would be impressed at the way our boys handle the conditions.
08-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Find Reply
Lee Offline

Threads: 11
Great news!

After his parade lap at this years TT I watched as he came in.
When he removed his helmet and looked at his mechanic his face said it all.
09-09-2011, 12:45 AM
Find Reply