BLOOD INFECTION FORCES MARTIN OUT OF GOLD CUP
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BLOOD INFECTION FORCES MARTIN OUT OF GOLD CUP
[Image: relentless2011hdr.jpg]

Guy Martin has been forced to miss this weekend’s Scarborough Gold Cup on medical grounds after spending four days in hospital with a blood infection. The Relentless Suzuki rider, a seven time winner of the Gold Cup in consecutive years from 2003 through to 2009, is hugely disappointed not to be at his local meeting, where he was confident of regaining his SCG title.

Guy Martin

“By ’eck I thought I was only going to hospital for a check up and they kept me in for four days on an IV drip. I still didn’t think it would keep me out of Scarborough, but when I tried to ride my pushbike I couldn’t even push the pedals round one revolution. It’s not the job at all, especially as I love the Gold Cup and was looking to get back on the top step – this time with the TAS boys. It’s not meant to be but there’s always next year boy.”

Philip Neill – Team Manager

“It’s hugely disappointing for us all as we were really looking forward to taking Guy to Scarborough and hopefully adding a Gold Cup win to our team CV. He phoned me this morning and told me he was feeling a bit better, but when he couldn’t even ride his pushbike, that made my mind up. We were all looking to end the season on a high note, especially as Guy has a huge following at Scarborough, but safety is paramount. It’s a tough enough circuit at the best of times and you have to be at your very best to win around there, never mind just compete so it’s the best decision for everyone, despite the disappointment.”
17-09-2011, 03:39 AM
Website Find Reply