SPLITLATH BOYS SET FOR SEASON FINALE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SPLITLATH BOYS SET FOR SEASON FINALE
[Image: splitlathhdr.jpg]

SPLITLATH Motorsport is gearing up for a three-race bonanza as the Mirror.co.uk BSB-Evo Championship heads to its final round of the season at Brands Hatch this weekend.

While Karl Harris is looking for his first podium of the year since the team moved from the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship into the Evo class, team-mate John Simpson has an even bigger task ahead, with six races over two days.

Despite having already wrapped up the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Cup Championship on his T3 Racing Triumph, the 20-year-old from Antrim, NI, will contest all three Supersport races just for fun, and he hopes the extra track time will boost his chances when he jumps on his Aprilia RSV4 machine.

“I found at Silverstone that riding both classes helped, it gave me more time on the track and it helped my riding style. The bikes are different, but I certainly think learning the track on the 600 really helped when I got on the Superbike,” he said.

“The Supersport championship is won so that pressure is off, and it means I can really concentrate on the big bike. We had a few problems with suspension set-up at Silverstone but hopefully we’ve got it all sorted now and we can enjoy Brands. It should suit the bike a lot better.”

For Harris it will be business as usual as he chases his first podium of the season. Last time he raced at the Brands Hatch GP circuit it was in the Superbike class, so this time he hopes he can grab his maiden rostrum of the year.

“Brands should suit the Aprilia much more than Silverstone did, and with three races it gives us an extra opportunity,” he said. “We’ve come close to the podium a couple of times this year since we went Evo, but close isn’t enough. I want top three this time.

“We’ve shown before that on tracks where it’s not all about power we can be up there and knocking on the door, and the team have been working hard on the bikes since Silverstone so I’m looking forward to it. It should be a great round, and I hope I can come back with some Silverware.”

Team Principal John Dimbylow said:

“We’re all very excited ahead of this, the final round although we can’t believe it has come around so quickly!

“Karl is probably even more fired up than he normally is to get some good results this weekend and Johnno is able to concentrate more on the Superbike now he has won his Supersport title, so it is all looking good.

“As a team we’re looking ahead to 2012 already and have some exciting meetings lined up this weekend to help strengthen our future plans. It’s all looking fantastic and I’m sure both the boys will do the team proud this weekend.”

05-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Website Find Reply