Biaggi back on track at Portimao
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Biaggi back on track at Portimao
[Image: biaggiprofile.jpg]

Max Biaggi will be back in action this weekend at Portimao, just a little over a month after suffering a bone fracture to his left foot the Nurburgring. The injury forced Max to skip the Italian round in Imola and the French round in Magny-Cours, as well as the German round where the accident occurred.

The Rome rider's condition is not optimal, but the situation has improved enough to inspire optimism. The last doubts will be removed with the first tests on Friday, although the situation and Max's desire to race are already giving rise to high expectations.

"I really hoped to get back onto the track quickly - confirmed Max - this is the first time in my career that I've missed races. Obviously my condition is not at 100%, but the desire to get onto the track in Portimao is very strong. The kind messages I received from my fans certainly helped to speed up my recovery! Portimao is a beautiful track, very demanding and spectacular. Last year I took the first double victory for myself and Aprilia, so we'll know straight away during the Friday practice sessions what results we can aim for. I've worked as much as possible to recover muscle tone and to prepare as best I can".

14-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Website Find Reply