MGP or TT
George Offline

Threads: 50
MGP or TT
I Have just heard that the Powers to be at the TT are poaching some of last years MGP newcomers. Is this a good move, why not let the newcomers from the MGP do another year or so at the MGP with no pressure and more time to learn the track. The MGP and the Halewood foundation put a lot of time and money into getting new talent to the MGP and now may be losing out, maybe the TT should repay the Halwood foundation back for any costs they have made to get riders to the IOM
13-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39
RE: MGP or TT
where do you get this stuff from? As always you are totally incorrect with your claims. Nobody from our team has 'poached' anyone from the MGP Newcomers Race or any other MGP Race. Some MGP riders have spoken to me and/or my colleagues about taking part in the TT, which is their choice. First their entry would have to be accepted, and if it was, and they chose to take part, that is entirely their choice.

Paul Phillips
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2011, 11:02 PM by Malcolm.)
13-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Find Reply
George Offline

(13-12-2011, 10:16 PM)Paul Phillips Wrote: where do you get this stuff from? As always you are totally incorrect with your claims. Nobody from our team has 'poached' anyone from the MGP Newcomers Race or any other MGP Race. Some MGP riders have spoken to me and/or my colleagues about taking part in the TT, which is their choice. First their entry would have to be accepted, and if it was, and they chose to take part, that is entirely their choice.

Paul Phillips

Nuno Caetano

(This post was last modified: 13-12-2011, 11:02 PM by Malcolm.)
13-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39
Nuno Caetano has asked us for TT Regulations to be sent to him. How does that make him 'poached'?

So again, who are these newcomers (plural) who have been 'poached' from the MGP by the TT organisation?

Paul Phillips
13-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Find Reply
George Offline

(13-12-2011, 11:02 PM)Paul Phillips Wrote: Nuno Caetano has asked us for TT Regulations to be sent to him. How does that make him 'poached'?

So again, who are these newcomers (plural) who have been 'poached' from the MGP by the TT organisation?

Paul Phillips

Well on this occasion I believe in what I was told or seen, just like the vendors at the paddock getting their rents jacked up again next year by 10% +, dont think we will be able to afford an ice cream in the paddock the way things are going.

13-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Find Reply
kevin quirk Offline

Threads: 28
The Hailwood Foundation is an IOM Reg Charity who's objective is to introduce riders to the Mountain Course.

Although we prefer to encourage riders to enter the MGP prior to the TT , the charity has on many occassions awarded The Hailwood Scholarship( which is entries for the following years MGP) to riders that have been judged to have good potential for developing a career on the Mountain circuit.

Whenever possible the Foundation assists both TT and MGP organisers and it is the riders personal choice whether they enter the TT without having ridden the Manx. Many have regretted going straight to the TT, however we have assisted many TT newcomers who have gone on to have a very successful TT career.
14-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Find Reply