Bimota set to re-launch racing plans
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Bimota set to re-launch racing plans
[Image: wsbhdr.jpg]

[Image: bimotalogo.jpg]

In the early days of WSBK racing Bimota was a famous name with many victories to their credit thanks to Davide Tardozzi, Giancarlo Falappa and Stephane Mertens, and the most recent being with Anthony Gobert in a wet race at Phillip Island in 2000. Launched in the 1970s, the brand has always been a protagonist introducing new technologies that were later incorporated into the design of its own models.

Bimota today has officially set up the Bimota Research Development Department, thanks to a joint venture with EDO Racing that will manage the marketing and development area. This is a first step for what concerns the SBK project as well, since the brand is willing to work on a World Superbike machine in the near future and is absolutely open to the possibility that already this coming year, the bike could arrive at one round.

[Image: bimotabike2012.jpg]

WSBK legend and recent competitor Ruben Xaus is the new team manager, and he said of the whole initiative,

"I've been part of Bimota for a few months and I'm trying to bring my whole experience as a world-known rider. I decided to create a development project, a joint venture with Edo Racing that could allow more flexibility and a faster service so the company can fully concentrate on the planning and prototyping. SBK is at its beginnings. In our recent test at Almeria, we just had to check different solutions about the chassis and from the next step forward we'll get to know better which is our project-competitiveness level."

15-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Website Find Reply