MILLSPORT RACING SIGN STEVE MERCER FOR 2012 ISLE OF MAN TT RACES CAMPAIGN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MILLSPORT RACING SIGN STEVE MERCER FOR 2012 ISLE OF MAN TT RACES CAMPAIGN
[Image: millsportlogo.jpg]

Millsport Racing Ducati has signed Steve Mercer for the 2012 Isle of Man TT Races fuelled by Monster Energy. Steve will campaign the teams Ducati 1199 Panigale machines in the Dainese Superbike, Pokerstars Senior and Royal London 360 Superstock Races.

The team are planning a testing programme starting early March and have scheduled to compete at the early rounds of the British SuperstockChampionship in preparation for the start of the International Road Race season at the North West 200 in May. Other events on the calendar are the Ulster GP, Southern 100 and the Mondello Masters series.

Steve has performed creditably on the Mountain Course since his debut in 2009 and recorded his best places of twelve and sixteenth place in the Dainese Superbike and Royal London 360 Superstock Races respectively in 2011, with both race times over the 120mph average for the six and four lap races. He has a fastest recorded TT lap of 124.658mph which he set in the 2010 Dainese Superbike Race.

[Image: stevemercer2.jpg]

Team Boss Patrick Murray commented on the announcement:

“Millsport Racing Ducati are delighted to have Steve on board our 1199 Panigale’s for the 2012 season. Now we are looking forward to getting on the track as early as possible in the New Year to begin a testing programme in preparation for the season ahead.”

Steve is also excited about the new venture commenting:

“I’m really looking forward to riding the new Ducati 1199 Panigale for Millsport Racing next year and I think it will be a serious machine on both roads and Circuits. 2012 can’t come soon enough.”

Paul Phillips, TT and Motorsport Development Manager, Isle of Man Government commented:

“Millsport Racing is an excellent team and they are a great fit with Steve Mercer who is one of the most exciting new riders to compete on the Mountain Course in recent years. I’m sure that they will enjoy a successful relationship and we look forward to seeing them on the Isle of Man in 2012.”

[Image: stevemercer3.jpg]

20-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Website Find Reply