Day Trip Package Launched for 2012 Isle of Man TT Races
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Day Trip Package Launched for 2012 Isle of Man TT Races
[Image: regencytravellogo.jpg]

Day trip packages to the Isle of Man TT Races, widely acknowledged as one of the world’s greatest spectator sporting experiences, are now available from the TT Races Official Travel Agency Regency Travel.

The trips are available for each of the four race days and include return ferry crossings from Heysham as a foot passenger, a full coach lap of the TT course and a ticket for the Grandstand at the Creg Ny Baa, one of the most iconic spots on the course.

Each of the four scheduled race days is packed with a wide variety of races. Saturday 2nd June – the first race day - features the Dainese Superbike Race and first Sidecar race while Monday 4th June will include the first Monster Energy Supersport Race and Royal London 360 Superstock Race

Visitors to the Island on Wednesday 6th will see the groundbreaking SES TT Zero Electric Challenge, the second Sidecar race and the second Monster Energy Supersport Race while Friday 8th June represents the culmination of the meeting and the TT Championship with the first running of the SuperTwin Lightweight Class and the blue riband PokerStars Senior TT.

The trips are designed to give a flavour of the TT races and the Isle of Man experience and will ensure that fans get the chance to be fully immersed in the event.

Trips start from £99 per person and are available by contacting:

Regency Travel on +44 1624 694 455

20-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: Day Trip Package Launched for 2012 Isle of Man TT Races
This experience is worth the crack......

There were years when I did the full practice week and middle weekend, but returned home to complete exams or do three days work ----- then I came back for the Fridays races (The Senior plus 50cc etc)...

The trip was from Newcastle upon Tyne and we set off by coach at 6pm to get to Liverpool at just before midnight to catch the ferry. The Packet would crawl over the Irish Sea arriving in time so that we could land at a respectable hour (so we didn't make a noise !)....It was murder standing off Douglas,waiting to get permission to dock !!

Most of the lads would sleep in bus shelters...........but I was fortunate in having the hotels where I had spent practice week, leaving the front door open so I could get in, have a kip in the lounge, have a shower, change my clothes then eat a super breakfast. I even got a packed lunch !! I was allowed to take a few close friends in as well, the hotel made a few bob off the breakfasts !!

We saw the racing, had a few drinks and caught the 6pm ferry back

We were knackered when we arrived home on Saturday morning in time for breakfast...

Trouble was I got dragged out shopping !! I was glad to see my bed on Saturday night !!!

Cost in the 1960s £ 5 !!! subsidised by our local motorcycle club
Cost in the 1980s £35 !!! subsidised by MCN
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
23-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Website Find Reply
veefour Offline

Threads: 16
It was a day trip that started my love for the T.T. Ian. My late brother & i went on the 'The Motor Cycle' ( or was it 'MCN' ! ) day trip in 1967. Train from Reading to Liverpool Via London on the Thursday afternoon, night time sailing arriving about 5.00am Friday morning. Early Fry Up breakfast, then the Coach Trip for my first view all around the famous 'Isle of Man T.T. Circuit.'
We watched the 50cc Race at the bottom of Bray Hill, then walked up to watch the Senior sitting on the wall on the inside just before the Start / Finnish Line. Cheered 'Mike the Bike' on his win & felt just a little bit sorry for Ago pushing in to finish.
Afterwards we had an hour or two in Douglas for a quick drink & snack then late evening boat back. I think it must have been mid morning on Saturday before we got home tired but happy.
Of course i was back for a week in 1968 to see amongst other things Bill Ivy do a 100mph lap on the 125, & watch from the actual spot where Ago started to do his Leap !!
Since then i have witnessed many memorable things, i.e. Mike Hailwoods comeback, Joey Dunlops early days, Hizzy's win on the Norton & my last visit the see JM's 130mph lap in 2007, ( forty years since my first trip ! ).
Unfortunately due to work commitments i have not been for the last few years & will not be able to make it next year either. But i have decided to get my IOM fix by going to the Southern 100 for the first time instead, wife's permission & time off work already booked !!.
So as you can see, a simple day trip all those years ago certainly started something.
Grey-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.
24-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Good to read your comments Veefour......

Both of us clearly recommend a day trip if a person can't do the full TT period...

The early round-the- course coach trip I missed because I went to my hotel once I was off the ferry....

However, if people didn't have the facility of a kind hotel, going on the bus trip warmed them up after a night lying on the seats or on the deck in all weathers ....and some could kip some of the way/....

You are right to say "Motor Cycle" as the early organisers but a few years ago I did a Trip which I wrote up minute by minute for a magazine...MCN were the ones who set up that particular trip..
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
24-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Website Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
(24-12-2011, 04:01 PM)ian huntly Wrote: Good to read your comments Veefour......

Both of us clearly recommend a day trip if a person can't do the full TT period...

The early round-the- course coach trip I missed because I went to my hotel once I was off the ferry....

However, if people didn't have the facility of a kind hotel, going on the bus trip warmed them up after a night lying on the seats or on the deck in all weathers ....and some could kip some of the way/....

You are right to say "Motor Cycle" as the early organisers but a few years ago I did a Trip which I wrote up minute by minute for a magazine...MCN were the ones who set up that particular trip..

It was a BSA apprentices trip to the 1958 senior TT that started my life long association with the IOM TT, fifty three years. An overnight journey by coach from the BSA factory, and ferry from Liverpool to Douglas, a couple of hours sleep in a shop doorway, and then breakfast at what I remember to be the Peveril cafe. A long walk along the Peel Rd via Governors Bridge to a spot between Snugborough and Union Mills. For the last 30 odd years I have stayed with friends in their house on the approach to Union Mills, and from my bedroom I can see the exact spot where I spent that memroable day in 1958, it is now a prohibited area.
I can remember that John Surtees won the Senior race on a Bright red Italian MV Agusta, I have never forgoten the sound of that bike as it raced past me. Since that day . Over the years I have been mixed up proffesionaly with the TT, having been part of the team that looked after the BSA marshalls bikes, part of the Sports motorcycle/Ducati team during Mike Hailwoods return in 1978/9, and race engineer for Tony Rutters Ducati career. I rode in Two ISDT's, and trials and scrambles events. Since 1981 we have ran the TT race Mission. I am trying to make my mind up weather to go to the TT next year. Over the last five or six years the TT in my opinion has changed from being a "unique" event, something that I have always considered to be one of the greatest sporting spectacles in the world into just another race meeting with no character or personality. However I an so glad that I managed to save up the £10.00 to go on that trip in 1958.
24-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Find Reply