Robert Fearnall Passes Away
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Robert Fearnall Passes Away
Bikesport News founding director and Donington Park supremo Robert Fearnall has died.

[Image: bobfearnelljpg.jpg]
Robert Fearnall

Mr Fearnall (57) passed away at his Melbourne, Derbyshire home. He devoted most of his working life to to Donington Park and to motorsport, and was widely respected across both the car and motorcycle racing world. Robert had first joined Tom Wheatcroft at the circuit in 1979 and with only one or two short breaks, had directed racing operations at the circuit from that time up until the present day.

Close friend and Donington owner Kevin Wheatcroft said: "We have been informed today of the sad loss of Robert Fearnall. Obviously my family and I, as well as the staff here at the circuit and his many friends both in the UK and worldwide, are enormously saddened by this tragic news.

"At this difficult time we would ask that both friends and the wider motorsport community allow us time to deal with this great loss. An announcement about funeral and other arrangements will be made in due course. Thank you.”

Courtesy of BikeSport News
03-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Website Find Reply
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141
RE: Robert Fearnall Passes Away
(03-03-2012, 01:13 PM)Malcolm Wrote: .
Bikesport News founding director and Donington Park supremo Robert Fearnall has died.

[Image: bobfearnelljpg.jpg]
Robert Fearnall

Mr Fearnall (57) passed away at his Melbourne, Derbyshire home. He devoted most of his working life to to Donington Park and to motorsport, and was widely respected across both the car and motorcycle racing world. Robert had first joined Tom Wheatcroft at the circuit in 1979 and with only one or two short breaks, had directed racing operations at the circuit from that time up until the present day.

Close friend and Donington owner Kevin Wheatcroft said: "We have been informed today of the sad loss of Robert Fearnall. Obviously my family and I, as well as the staff here at the circuit and his many friends both in the UK and worldwide, are enormously saddened by this tragic news.

"At this difficult time we would ask that both friends and the wider motorsport community allow us time to deal with this great loss. An announcement about funeral and other arrangements will be made in due course. Thank you.”

Courtesy of BikeSport News

It is with deep regret that I report the passing of Robert Fearnall. Robert was a director at Donington Park, and also worked as a Reporter on the Irish road and circuits for Bike Sport News.He was a lso the founder of BSN.
I first met Robert many years ago. I Worked as a barman in greenvale Hotel in Cookstown, one of my regulars was harry Acheson and his family, Harrys son, Kenneth was an up and coming Racing car driver, and they were close friends with Robert Fearnall. It was around Christmas time, and The Acheson family had taken Robert out for Meal with them, and that was where I was first introduced to Robert.
He was a quiet we man, but knew his stuff, and did a sterling job.
He will be a big loss to the sport, and to BSN.
To his Family May I Offer My Condolences.
RIP Robert Fearnall
Baylon
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012, 10:32 PM by Baylon McCaughey.)
04-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Website Find Reply