Riders Threatened
FCM Offline

Threads: 17
Riders Threatened
Riders and teams at this years TT have been threatened by the TT organization for speaking out about the lack of space in the Paddocks for team vans while private cars are given preference in parking in the paddocks. Riders were told that they will be fined £500 and kicked out of the meeting in they persisted to complain.
This morning I was told to leave the paddock with my van and equipment before we had chance to unload bike and prep the bikes for todays races. Also told that the Police would remove us if we did not move. We moved out and they put private cars in our spaces.
06-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
RE: Riders Threatened
(06-06-2012, 12:21 PM)FCM Wrote: Riders and teams at this years TT have been threatened by the TT organization for speaking out about the lack of space in the Paddocks for team vans while private cars are given preference in parking in the paddocks. Riders were told that they will be fined £500 and kicked out of the meeting in they persisted to complain.
This morning I was told to leave the paddock with my van and equipment before we had chance to unload bike and prep the bikes for todays races. Also told that the Police would remove us if we did not move. We moved out and they put private cars in our spaces.

When you say the "organization", who exactly are you referring to ?.
06-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Find Reply
FCM Offline

(06-06-2012, 01:08 PM)pat slinn Wrote:
(06-06-2012, 12:21 PM)FCM Wrote: Riders and teams at this years TT have been threatened by the TT organization for speaking out about the lack of space in the Paddocks for team vans while private cars are given preference in parking in the paddocks. Riders were told that they will be fined £500 and kicked out of the meeting in they persisted to complain.

When the head of security came down to the paddock and asked us to leave they said it was from instructions of Paul Phillips, I have text Paul to confirm but now reply, and this was said to other riders to this morning.

And this conversation was well witnessed

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2012, 01:29 PM by FCM.)
06-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
(06-06-2012, 01:28 PM)FCM Wrote:
(06-06-2012, 01:08 PM)pat slinn Wrote:

Please keep me informed, I am intrigued !
When the head of security came down to the paddock and asked us to leave they said it was from instructions of Paul Phillips, I have text Paul to confirm but now reply, and this was said to other riders to this morning.

And this conversation was well witnessed

06-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Find Reply
FCM Offline

And now G4S have said that any entries to the MGP will be kicked out for making a fuss

If anyone wants a parking pass to the riders paddock for friday please call up at the Paddock beer tent where they are available

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2012, 10:12 PM by FCM.)
06-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Find Reply
beepee Offline

Threads: 23
Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply from Paul,I get the impression he is only to pleased to take plaudits but shys away from owning up to controversial decisions but there again was it really his decision or that of the DED,who now seem to running the races from a distance
07-06-2012, 12:56 AM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39
(07-06-2012, 12:56 AM)beepee Wrote: Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply from Paul,I get the impression he is only to pleased to take plaudits but shys away from owning up to controversial decisions but there again was it really his decision or that of the DED,who now seem to running the races from a distance

Sorry beepee but here I am! Firstly can I make it clear that I have given nobody an instruction to move vehicles, to make threats or to suggest fines of £500. I have heard reports from the security team of aggressive and threatening actions from some team representatives in the paddock which is not on.

Colin - I ask you to come forward and prove these accusations you are making in a proper way via the race office so they can be dealt with, rather than making internet postings. At this moment in time, based on what I know I am not convinced what you have written is correct. I have also heard some fairly disturbing reports of accusations you have made about me personally and some of my colleagues conducting criminal behaviour this week which are potentially libelous. I will deal with them separately.

Regards

Paul
07-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Find Reply
FCM Offline

Paul I had a Pass for my truck to be in the Paddock, the one with the save the MGP on. I was refused entry by security which I agree upset me and did result in heated words. I took the truck home put the bikes in a van and returned to the paddock only to be told no room in the paddocks for race vans, but at the same time private cars were being allowed in. (not the only team to be turned away) .
Yesterday I gained entry with my van and bikes without any problems at first. While trying to get the bikes out of a reserved space Head of security G4S came along and said that on the instructions of you I had to leave the paddock, if not you would call the Police and the rider would be fined £500 and kicked out of the meeting. It was also explained that this threat had been made to other teams that have complained about cars being parked in the paddocks. This was all witnesses and heard clearly by half a dozen people who will back me up on this.
On removing the van private cars were brought in and place in the space I was using with our team.
Yesterday Paddock parking passes, grandstand passes and white event passes were freely being given out at the beer tent from VIPs who said they obtained them from the organisers.

PS, on checking with telecom the message I sent to you yesterday regarding this issue was delivered to your number, but no reply was sent. ????
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2012, 03:13 PM by FCM.)
07-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Find Reply