Don Simons Passes Away
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Don Simons Passes Away
[Image: donsimons.jpg]

It is with great sadness that I have to publish this particular article on the passing away of Don Simons, on Friday the 10th of August, while in hospital in Tokyo.

Don was one of the original members of TTWebsite and a contributor to many an article and debate on the forums.

Don, as some of you will know, lived in Japan and visited the Isle of Man in 2004 (I think it was) when he attended the John Foster hosted "Brunch", where you will find many of the site regulars and TT/MGP participants attending.

Dons wit and humour was famous and in addition he was a man of great intellect, being an avid participant in whatever conversation happened to be the topic of the moment.

There are lost of people who now view the site who never had the opportunity to meet Don, and in fact most likely had never heard of Don before. However those who did know Don, will miss him terribly.

Roland, Dons' son has generated a website in honour of his father and this can be located at - www.donjsimons.com where friends and associates of Don can post their own special comments and tributes to him.

On the front page type the word "Japan" in the Login box and hit enter or the Go button. Then you can enter some details and comments and it will post to the main page.

TTwebsite, wish to extend sincerest sympathy to the family of Don and all of his friends worldwide at this very sad time.
Gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Don.

12-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Website Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Don Simons Passes Away
Don will certainly be missed by many. A true motorcyclist and a great bloke.
RIP 'Our Don'
13-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Don Simons Passes Away
A great bloke and avid supporter of the TT and MGP, intelligent witty and a man of principle,

Never met Don but always felt he was a true friend especially when I lost my sight then my wife.

Don fought a long and courageous battle after getting radiation cancer in the Japanese sunami, all of us who knew him Cargo, Larry D etc will missold " Red Shirt" greatly.

Reminded me of Allan Robinson another great friend who also fought the Big C Bravely until the very end.

Rest in Peace Don.
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
(This post was last modified: 13-08-2012, 01:31 PM by Tom Loughridge.)
13-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Find Reply