Hill on and over the limit at Cadwell Park test
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hill on and over the limit at Cadwell Park test
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Defending MCE Insurance British Superbike champion Tommy Hill is determined to return to the top step of the podium next weekend (25/26/27) at the August Bank Holiday round at Cadwell Park after a successful test despite a tumble at the Lincolnshire circuit today (Wednesday).

Hill heads to Lincolnshire leading the overall standings from Shane 'Shakey' Byrne and Josh Brookes whilst also heading the Podium Credits table. The Kent rider returned to the circuit for a test today and was boosted by their on track progress despite a crash in the final stages of the session when he slid off at the Woodlands section after catching the engine casing on the kerb.

Hill said: "We have had a good day at Cadwell Park; we have been going well on track and came very close to race pace despite it only being a trackday. It was about getting ourselves back in the groove after the break since Brands Hatch and riding the Swan Yamaha again after riding the Monster Energy YART Yamaha out in Suzuka. We got back into it pretty quickly and the times that we were able to run with and without traffic were encouraging.

"We did some work on the chassis, but not too much as Cadwell Park is a very different track to the final four rounds of the season and more importantly the tracks in the Showdown. We also did some fuel work and have some ideas of what we need to do so the team can go back to the workshop and come up with a plan for next weekend. We had a small crash; the squirrels were just after me in the Woodlands section!" joked Hill.

[Image: tommyhilloffcadwell.jpg]

"I just caught the engine casing on the kerb but it didn't do any damage to me or the bike; we were pushing on and getting faster and it was just a slight mistake. We were pushing hard as that is what we needed to do; we wanted to come away knowing that we were ready for next weekend and I think we achieved that.

Hill is determined to return to winning ways at Cadwell Park after missing out at Brands Hatch last time out. The reigning champion took a double win at the circuit last season and despite having his position secure in the Showdown, he admits he won't be giving an inch in the two races next weekend.

"Next weekend for me is about getting the maximum number of podium credits available," added Hill. "Last year we had a good race there, I had a double but it could have been the triple as I was having a good race with Michael (Laverty) before it was cut short for rain. I am aiming for the double win and we want to raise the bar again. Brands Hatch was a good weekend for us with two podiums, but the same riders were finishing ahead of us so we will be giving it everything at Cadwell Park as I don't want to get to the end of the season and miss out on the title by one or two points because we didn't continue pushing for wins or podiums before the Showdown."

Photo: John Peall
18-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Website Find Reply