Toll
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
Toll
Anything in the rumour that their will be a toll served on any motorcycle that crosses Bradden bridge during TT fortnight, ? and the toll booth will be manned by DED members !
24-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Toll
(24-11-2012, 08:56 PM)pat slinn Wrote: Anything in the rumour that their will be a toll served on any motorcycle that crosses Bradden bridge during TT fortnight, ? and the toll booth will be manned by DED members !

During races as well, no doubt Dodgy
24-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Find Reply
ian charlton Offline

Threads: 4
Pat,i heard a similar rumour up my neck of the woods and as you say it was from Bradden to Signpost ,20 quid a go,BUT all speed restrictions in force,and if you arrived at Signpost you were charged another tenner depending on the smile on your face. I thought it was fair enough until they decided to add vat, but would wave this if you paid cash and said nout. Oh and if you dropped it and cuased any delay there was a 100 quid excess. But there,s still free parking on the boat and no further charge to use the bog.
25-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: lochprom.jpg]

TT visitors could pay tolls to use parts of the TT Race Circuit, under a plan to improve the condition of the main roads of the Island and in particular the promenade in Douglas, under a proposal by the Committee for Roads and Infrastructure.

The committee will today launch a report, "Promoting the Prom", which details different ways the Isle of Man could part-privatise parts of the Islands roads at certain peak times throughout the year, gathering money from each and every car and motorcycle that passes through the recognised tolls.

It has already presented the report to a number of ministers in the government.

The Committee's head, Kate Roffey, told the Financial Review that while they may be unpopular, it was necessary to start discussing funding options, which could include charging a levy and even selling off development rights on properties in the immediate area, primarily as there is "no money left in the pot".

"We need to start making some choices. We are just not as readily tuned in to paying for transport options as some countries are," she said.

Ms Roffey this morning told local radio that private investment was needed in order to see this work through quickly and efficiently.

"There's direct user-pays, things we're used to, tolls, parking levies if there's parking nearby."

Ms Roffey said the areas adjacent to the Promenade could also benefit indirectly from these tolls as they could become more valuable areas for development.

Minister Ted Baillieu said ‘‘I’ve said before when it comes to tolling, for instance, we’ll let people know if we’re contemplating a tolling arrangement,’’

Mr Baillieu said the government wanted to get ‘‘value for money’’ out of any grade separations, but conceded costs had ‘‘gone up substantially’’.

He also took a swipe at the Committee for Roads and Infrastructure, claiming it regularly presented ideas, but at a high cost.

‘‘I haven’t seen any proposals from the Committee in detail. Over the last 12 months they’ve put forward a lot of proposals, however every one has had high financial projections.’’ he said.

.This is a joke and should not be taken seriously.

26-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Website Find Reply