classic Manx
ian charlton Offline

Threads: 4
classic Manx
Just wondering, with all these star TT riders coming to the classic Manx,sorry,classic TT,will this have an effect on the long standing competitors who give depth of field to the classic races. I have no doubt that it will boost supporters,spectators, but is it getting away from what the Manx was all about. It,ll be a great spectacle and the sounds and smells up front will be exciting,but there,ll be a tidy gap before the amatuer crosses the line. It,s a brave move and i hope it works out for all concerned,and with a bit of luck the sky will be running dry of rain,and we,ll all bask in glorious sunshine ,just like it was back in the day when these bikes were THE bikes. And best of luck to Splashdown. It would be something to see him on one of the recreated Honda sixes.Sitting at the Creg,you,d get at least five miles of glorious racket,now wouldn,t that be something.
26-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Find Reply
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30
RE: classic Manx
(26-11-2012, 11:10 PM)ian charlton Wrote: Just wondering, with all these star TT riders coming to the classic Manx,sorry,classic TT,will this have an effect on the long standing competitors who give depth of field to the classic races. I have no doubt that it will boost supporters,spectators, but is it getting away from what the Manx was all about. It,ll be a great spectacle and the sounds and smells up front will be exciting,but there,ll be a tidy gap before the amatuer crosses the line. It,s a brave move and i hope it works out for all concerned,and with a bit of luck the sky will be running dry of rain,and we,ll all bask in glorious sunshine ,just like it was back in the day when these bikes were THE bikes. And best of luck to Splashdown. It would be something to see him on one of the recreated Honda sixes.Sitting at the Creg,you,d get at least five miles of glorious racket,now wouldn,t that be something.

I also fear that the ordinary man will become second class citizens. I hope we don't get pushed down to the bottom of the paddock as the money men move back in. will have to wait and see.
27-11-2012, 09:18 AM
Find Reply
ian charlton Offline

Threads: 4
RE: classic Manx
Aye,we,ll have to wait and see,but i can,t complain as we tasted the fruits of superstar this year .cos we had good hard standing in the top paddock,spot on,but i,m taking the waterproof sheets and wellies next year. I know where we,ll be .I don,t mind though ,you can,t have muck on the tires of the super super superbikes ,can youIcon_lol.As long as we all have lots of fun,that,ll do nicely.
27-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Find Reply