Announcement
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Announcement
Just to let you all know, after 65 years of TTFanship I am attending the "Classic TT and ManxGP" instead of the TT this year.....

A big but carefully worked out decision but the nostalgic side to be presented to all of us this year in August will make this old man think of his glorious TT past as an avid fan.

Pass me the cocoa please !!
Organise an early morning practice simulation.
Get the Falcon Cliff lift working again !!
Oh BOY !!!
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
27-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Website Find Reply
ian charlton Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Announcement
If the new set up has pulled you in Ian,then there,s no doubting they,ve got it right. Drop by for a cup of tea .But leave the alarm clock ,you,ll not need to be up early.With a bit of luck,this might just be a fresh start for us older boys,i hope so.
27-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
I am thrilled to see what they are attempting to do with a bit of emphasis on the HISTORY of the TT and the parades etc.

I will give them as much support as I can.

Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE the TT but I had to decide "either/or" since I have other things to do and places to visit in my year./...Besides I have to keep in with the wife !

As it happened:
"Dearest Dear,. I am not going to the TT this year"
Wife smiles and says "At last you have got some sense !"
I reply " ...but I'm going to the Manx instead"

When I had wiped the blood off my mouth, I went and hid in the downstairs Loo until she cooled a bit----- LOL !

I'm at that age where nostalgia is taking over. I'll miss a lot of TT friiends but appear to have made a lot of MGP friends already !

Thanks to all.

I will still be able to "see" the TT via all my internet links and special programmes and will be glued to my computers in the lounge...It will be like I woz there ! I can still keep in touch, but I won't have spent the money to get there !

Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 27-11-2012, 09:30 PM by ian huntly.)
27-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Website Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

Threads: 36
OH MY, has the world ended..?? Ian at the Manx..?? Smile I would love to meet up and shake your hand... and buy you a beverage... be it Cocoa or..? Heh...

I sure hope it goes well... all the way through the Friday races...

Cheers..!!

Ron
28-11-2012, 04:14 AM
Find Reply
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141
jeez!!, i love the TT and MGP, Due to lack of funds (or SteamPkt and Manx2 Rip Off Prices) i missed my first MGP since y2k, All being well, next year will be my 36th TT, and with the new look MGP Festival, it looks like im gonna have to make a few sacrafices somewhere to enable my attendance at the Manx Festival!
02-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Website Find Reply