Birchall Brothers on a roll at the German GP !
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Birchall Brothers on a roll at the German GP !
[Image: birchallsgermangpwin.jpg]

With 22 laps ahead of them 20 sidecar teams were ready for the off and as soon as the lights changed it was the Birchall Brothers Ben and Tom who led into the first corner on their “Mitchells of Mansfield” LCR, Suzuki, this position was not to change all through the race, they kept pulling out a health lead from the rest of the field all through the race.

Once again they have been credited with pole position, race win, and the fastest lap, a time of 1:28.379. Ben said after the race” this bike is great to drive, now we seemed to have got a lot of the problems sorted, we will keep working away and getting good points for the championship” Tom also said “it was a great race for us, I had no problems during the race, and we like this track, I am really pleased for the hard work the team have put in”

Following the Birchalls was Jorg Steinhausen and Ashley Hawes on their “Steinhausen Racing” LCR, BMW and right with them was Scott Lawrie and James Neave, “Team SLR” LCR, Suzuki, it looked like Lawrie and Neave were going to stay with the leading pair but as the race progressed their machine was getting slow, letting Pekka Paivarinta and Adolf Hanni through for third spot on their “Team Suzuki Finland” LCR, Suzuki, Paivarinta and Hanni gave chase to Steinhausen and Hawes and this turned out to be a great dice between the two teams until Paivarinta managed to get passed Steinhausen and started to pull away. This was to be the final podium position, Paivarinta and Hanni second and Steinhausen and Hawes third. “I did not have any problems once we got passed Steinhausen, Adolf did a great job today, I am very happy” said Pekka. Adolf thought they had a good race and said that “it was no problem for me to passenger today I just got on with the job, and Pekka drove well”

After the race Steinhausen said “ The bike power and suspension was good but we have a problem with the sidecar wheel lifting and this is making it very hard for Ashley to do his job, but we are happy with third and is good points for the championship” Ashley also said “it was hard work for me, but I stuck in there and we got the job done, it’s good points for the team.

With the podium placing settled, this left Kurt Hock and Maik Ziegel to pick up the fourth spot in the race with their “Hock Racing” LCR Suzuki, they managed to get passed Lawrie and Neave, who were having to fight hard to keep Michael Grabmuller and Manfred Wechselber, “Polizeisportverein Wels Motor” LCR, Kawasaki, from passing them, but as Lawrie and Neave were getting slower it was inevitable they were going to get passed, once Grabmuller passed Lawrie, he pulled away from him and tried to catch Hock and Ziegel for fourth place but this was not to be, Hock and Ziegel crossed the line in fourth place and Grabmuller and Wechselber in fifth place.

As the race was coming to it’s end, Lawrie and Neave were also passed by Mike Roscher and Uwe Neubert on their “Roscher Sidecar” LCR, BMW who started the warm up lap from pit lane, they were last into the first corner as the lights went out, and had to fight hard to get their sixth place in the race, they were pleased to finish so far up the placing and were only 0:00.106 from getting a fifth place.

Andre Kretzer and Jens Lehnertz on their “AKW Kretzer” LCR Suzuki were to finish in seventh place; they tried to fend off Roscher and Neubert but could not manage, but they relegated Lawrie and Neave to cross the line in eighth place. Lawrie and Neave not happy with their result said “the engine was overheating; it was up to 150 degrees at one point.

The championship is starting to hot up now, and the next round is in Assen, Holland.

16-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Website Find Reply