Lintin and Taylor Lindsey Racing looking forward to 2014 campaign
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lintin and Taylor Lindsey Racing looking forward to 2014 campaign
[Image: taylorlindseyracinglogo.jpg]

Taylor Lindsey Racing and rider Ivan Lintin are gearing up for their 2014 International road race campaign and are eagerly looking forward to building on their highly successful 2013 season. The Isle of Man TT will again be the focal point of their calendar with the North West 200, Ulster Grand Prix, Southern 100 and Oliver’s Mount, Scarborough road races also on their busy schedule.

Lintin will again contest the Supersport 600cc races for the Lincolnshire property developers, riding the ex-Cameron Donald Honda CBR600RR that was purchased in August last year, whilst he will also compete in the 1000cc classes for the first time with the team on a Honda CBR1000RR, another former Cameron Donald machine.

Having previously sponsored Sergio Romero, Robert Wilson and Stephen Thompson, the Taylor Lindsey Racing team was established in 2013 with Bardney’s Lintin being selected and he didn’t disappoint with some strong results in the Supersport class throughout the season. Starting the year on a Kawasaki, the 29-year old had a steady outing at the North West 200 with 14th and 19th place finishes and this set him up nicely for the TT where he recorded his personal best lap of the Mountain Course at 121.501mph to take an excellent 15th place in the second 4-lap Supersport race.

Numerous podiums were taken at the Spring Cup and Cock o’ the North Trophy meetings at Oliver’s Mount before the ex-Donald Honda was acquired in time for the Ulster Grand Prix. Lintin duly took full advantage of the new, faster machine to take seventh and eighth around the high-speed Dundrod course, the results being especially satisfying as he ran in close company with Donald, Conor Cummins, Gary Johnson and Dean Harrison. He rounded out the year with a brace of fifths at the International Gold Cup at Scarborough.

With everything now in place for a concerted attack on the Internationals, Lintin is ready to take the next step up the leaderboard and firmly challenge for top ten positions, something he is more than capable of achieving.

[Image: lintonwithtaylorbikes.jpg]

Ivan Lintin:

“I’m delighted to be continuing with Taylor Lindsey Racing for a second season particularly after such a strong first season together. Towards the end of 2013 a new 600cc machine was bought and over the winter months we’ve added a 1000cc machine so with some very competitive machinery I’m really excited about the year ahead. The 1000cc will be a change and a new challenge for me having not ridden one for five years so I’m sure it will be a completely different experience this time around! I’m really looking forward to riding both bikes during the 2014 season and I’ll be firmly looking for more podiums and top finishes.”

Robin Taylor, Taylor Lindsey Racing:

“Having enjoyed a successful first year together in 2013, we are very pleased to have re-signed Ivan for the forthcoming season for both Supersport and Superstock. As a Lincoln based company, it is an added bonus to have a local rider on board and we’re all looking forward to the season getting underway.”

26-03-2014, 12:04 PM
Website Find Reply