PADGETT’S CONFIRMS NEW TITLE SPONSORSHIP DEAL WITH VALVOLINE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
PADGETT’S CONFIRMS NEW TITLE SPONSORSHIP DEAL WITH VALVOLINE
[Image: padgettslogo.jpg]

Clive Padgett’s road race team has been given a boost for 2014 with the announcement that the squad will have a new title sponsor - oil giant Valvoline.

The rainbow coloured machines of the Batley based Honda outfit have finished on the podium in 20 of the last 25 TTs they’ve raced in, including Ian Hutchinson’s unprecedented five-in-week in 2010.

It was this track record that clinched the deal for Valvoline boss, Dr Simon Cupples.

“Padgett’s have a helluva track record in racing and we were looking for a winning team that would give us the opportunity to demonstrate the technology and relevance of our products- Padgett’s provide that opportunity.” he said as the deal was signed in the Yorkshire dealer’s busy showroom last week.

The tie-up will be Valvoline’s first significant involvement in bike racing since the company sponsored Niall McKenzie in Grands Prix in 1993 on the WCM Yamaha. Kiwi Bruce Anstey will be the team’s main rider for 2014 as he chases down his 10th TT win.

[Image: valvolinelogo.jpg]

“I don’t want to sound corporate because I’m definitely not corporate.” Clive Padgett said. “But it is great to be approached by a company like Valvoline because of our success on the track. We see ourselves as a ‘mates racing ‘ team and this deal will ensure we are able to keep doing what we do.”

The new colours will have their first public showing at the opening two BSB rounds at Oulton Park and Brands Hatch, with Kiwi Bruce Anstey and Aussie Glen Richards riding Fireblades in the Superstock races.

John McGuinness, who will ride the Valvoline/Padgetts Hondas in the RL 360 Superstock and Monster Energy Supersport races at the Isle of Man TT fuelled by Monster Energy alongside his official factory prepared SP Fireblade Superbike, also welcomed the oil company’s backing.

“We will try to deliver the goods for Clive and Valvoline this year. The only problem I see is that these jackets are a bit white and they will get dirty pretty quickly when we’re working on the bikes.”

[Image: padgettsboys2014.jpg]

10-04-2014, 10:59 AM
Website Find Reply