PHILIP NEILL ANNOUNCES CHANGE OF DIRECTION FOR 2015
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
PHILIP NEILL ANNOUNCES CHANGE OF DIRECTION FOR 2015
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

TAS Racing Team News

After 14 consecutive seasons as Suzuki’s official representative at various levels in British championship and also on the International Road Racing scene, Northern Ireland based TAS Racing will take on a new challenge for 2015.

During the past 14 years TAS Racing has won over 50 international races on Suzuki machinery at leading events such as the North West 200, Isle of Man TT and Ulster Grand Prix, not to mention tangible success on the national road racing scene.

At British championship level, again with the support of Suzuki, TAS Racing secured three British championship titles, over 50 British Superbike podiums and finished within touching distance of the BSB title on a couple of occasions.

Over the years we have worked with and been supported by many key staff and departments within Suzuki, so to single out any individual at this stage would not be appropriate.

What we would like to do is thank Suzuki for the opportunity and support over the years, as TAS Racing Managing Director Philip Neill explains:
“I have to be honest and say it will certainly be a challenge to change direction after such a long period of time leading the charge for Suzuki, both in British championship and also on the international road racing scene.

“On behalf of our team, my father Hector and I would like to personally thank Suzuki for their support over the years. Having enjoyed a long term family relationship with Suzuki, it was an absolute honour to have been given the opportunity to represent the brand.”
In closing Neill added:

“I have met and worked with some great people within the Suzuki organisation, many of whom will remain personal friends, which shows the level of mutual respect we have shared over the years. I’m sure we will see them in British championship and at the international road races next year, and while we will focus solely on our own success, we certainly wish them well.”

Suzuki’s Paul de Lusignan said:

“I would like to take this opportunity to thank Philip, Hector and the entire team at TAS Racing for their superb support over the last 14 years. We have enjoyed an excellent and open relationship, as well as many successes and achievements throughout. I would also like to thank the many sponsors, riders and partners who have made the TAS and Suzuki partnership so successful.”

[Image: tas-suzuki-split-pic1.jpg]
09-12-2014, 01:01 PM
Website Find Reply
warrior Offline

Threads: 2
RE: PHILIP NEILL ANNOUNCES CHANGE OF DIRECTION FOR 2015
At last, the long awaited BMW deal they were denying after the leaked press release a month ago : )
09-12-2014, 01:53 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
You cant blame them, they were flogging a dead horse.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
09-12-2014, 02:01 PM
Find Reply
Virgil Offline

Threads: 3
BMW. but who will be riding for them !!!

Virgil
09-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
Well nothing much there we did not know , come on Hector spill the beans WHO IS RIDING WHAT ???
09-12-2014, 05:52 PM
Find Reply
LukeHondaBrightside Offline

Threads: 1
(09-12-2014, 03:48 PM)VirgilBMW.  but who will be riding for them !!! Wrote: Virgil

Michael Laverty, Tommy Bridewell - BSB Seeley - Superstock Guy, WD - Roads.
I fink!
'Course I don't know what that b@stard shark's gonna do with it, might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time.
09-12-2014, 06:21 PM
Find Reply
Max Power Offline

Threads: 0
They haven't officially announced BMW yet but it looks like someone knows something...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os6mUa3FdOM
09-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Find Reply
wsn03 Offline

Threads: 6
I can't help but think they may live to regret this. Suzuki have a long long standing history of racing, BSB, and a reasonable period of time supporting road racing (albeit with a gap in the 90s). BMW have very little history of fully committed racing, I can't help but think they'll dip in for 2 - 3 good years, win what they need to win and clear off.
Suzuki may not be making the best bikes, but for the long game I'd probably prefer to stick with them. That said, I know nothing of the commercial arrangements involved, that could change everything!
11-12-2014, 10:48 AM
Find Reply
Rednine Offline

Threads: 5
I couldn't agree more with your sentiments wsn03. Must have been quite a heart wrenching decision for the Neills though.

Smoke me a kipper...........................I'll be back for breakfast Icon_wink
11-12-2014, 03:44 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
I too agree with wsn, bmw don't have a great track record for racing commitment (no factory wsb now, md out (for whatever reason)). I can't help thinking that bmw will be in for a couple of years then pull the plug on tas. Having said that, tas are a pro team that could run any manufacturer with success, I've also read somewhere that tas are running triumphs in the super sport class which is great news.

=======================================================================
See you on the island
13-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
its all only rumours so far untill offical atatement from tas or bmw or triumph we only guess thats what there doing
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
13-12-2014, 09:01 PM
Find Reply