Dean Harrison aims to add to TT triumph at Ulster Grand Prix
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Dean Harrison aims to add to TT triumph at Ulster Grand Prix
[Image: deanharrisonwithtrophy.jpg]

Dean Harrison will head to the Ulster Grand Prix meeting in August believing that he can compete strongly in several classes.

Harrison took his first Isle of Man TT win in the Supertwins race earlier this month six days after his father Conrad's Sidecar victory on the island.

"Last year we went well in the stock race and got a fourth place," said the 24-year-old Bradford rider.

"But I think expectations are a little higher this time around."

Harrison added:"This is actually my first year riding the Supertwin but we had a really strong TT on it, and I wasn't too far away on the bigger bikes.

"Hopefully we can be even more competitive at the Ulster."

Harrison and his father become the first father and son to win TT races in the same year but the 24-year-old is not resting on his laurels heading into the Northern Ireland meeting.

"We should have more speed on the 600 anyway.

"The bike last year just wasn't quick enough really but I know the Mar Train Yamaha we have this year will definitely have the straight-line speed.

"It's a good track too at the Ulster so I'd want to be challenging for a win."

The fastest newcomer around the Dundrod circuit in 2012, Harrison is quickly becoming one of road racing's brightest talents and Ulster Grand Prix clerk of the course Noel Johnston is delighted to welcome back the Bradford man to the meeting.

"To be 24 and have a TT win is a fantastic achievement for Dean. He's getting faster and faster every year," said Johnston.

"His speed and determination are obvious and it will be interesting to see if he can fend off the likes of Guy Martin, Bruce Anstey and the Dunlops."

The Ulster Grand Prix bike week will run at Dundrod from 11-16 August.

[Image: bbcsport.gif]
25-06-2014, 01:36 PM
Website Find Reply