29-06-2003, 05:25 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: new one make series for scotland?
29-06-2003, 07:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

looks like this could be another waste of money for many riders (If they take part) Look at how good the other "One make series" 250 Aprilia grids are shaping up?
what is the benefit of turning up on the day to compete? Can the riders even turn up at a practice day and run round?
Then if they do try this series they are tied to Knockhill, and Knockhill only???
where is the sense?
Bearing in mind folks its just my opinion!

29-06-2003, 07:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

29-06-2003, 08:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

So Thats nearly two grand per meeting.Wakey wakey.This makes Rob Macs R6 Cup seem cheap.........
29-06-2003, 10:43 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

29-06-2003, 11:13 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

29-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

30-06-2003, 10:16 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes Pros and Cons both ways i would reckon. Personally if i was a young racer i would rather race at a variety of circuits than just the "one" and thats "if" i could afford the cost its a lot as we know when your a youngster trying to make a start in a sport as expensive as ours.Will the money have to be paid prior to the start of the season or in installments ? I would presume that one or two of the other classes will have to be dropped to make way for this new series ? which ones ? I would suggest it be good for the novices that are at the moment, being lapped after 4/5 laps in the sports production class through no fault of there own (everyone has to start somewhere but its a bit dodgy to watch !) I would presume your going to have to have a minimum number of racers to make the series financially viable ?
However fair play to the guy thats is trying to put the series together we all ask where the new racers are coming from and this may give them an oportunity ?
cheers Stella
30-06-2003, 06:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

30-06-2003, 06:37 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just cannot help feeling that the BSB Junior superstock as it was in 2002 was one of the best series devised to bring on the young racers. During that year they all learned race craft, including using tyre warmers (for safety reasons), how to set up a bike and racing against different racers who did respect each other and i know that as the season progressed and Ross raced again in Scotland he had learned such a lot from racing at different circuits against racers at roughly the same stage in there careers and i think they also learned respect, as it was there own bikes which most of them had paid with out of there own funds plus they all enjoyed there racing which is what i think a lot of people forget it is meant to be about ?
just my opinion,
cheers,
Stella
30-06-2003, 10:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

You are right, Stella. If it is your own bike, you learn about its individual characteristics, how to use or overcome them and how to look after it You will have to buy your own and pay for its upkeep and repairs at some stage.
In the long term, the best riders are those who know the bike well, who can report back on problems, and, fronkly, those who have worked hard to get where they are....Joey?
There is a danger that in these series where the bike is supplied, Dad, or some other person, will pay up, for a rider with less ability, and, crucially, less committment.
It is part of the best personality and character for racing, to tackle a challenge head on...running your own bike is just that.
01-07-2003, 07:09 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

but there again, look how many top name riders came out of the brlliant one make series - the pro-am. all using identical 350 elsies??? and what were you doing up at that unearthly hour helen?
(User Above) Wrote::-]ade!

01-07-2003, 08:25 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Weelll....I could say, the same as you, Ade...but then I don't know what you get up to at that hour!!
01-07-2003, 08:48 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

the only thing i'm up to today is getting all my stuff ready for skerries tomorrow. wuhoo. now where did i put that sunscreen?
ade!
01-07-2003, 09:24 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

But did the pro am challenge require you to break the bank as a novice to compete. making it a fair chance that you would not be racing the following year due to financial heartache.
01-07-2003, 09:45 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

01-07-2003, 10:03 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Money !!!!! route of all evil, i think is the expresion ??????????
01-07-2003, 02:09 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I dont disagree with a one make series ,Im disagreeing with the costs of these series especially when it involves our up and coming youngsters who we should be supporting and not pulling their pants down.I said all this before with the r6 cup and I will say it again it will only benefit a couple of riders the rest will be financially ruined and very disallusioned.Surely this is not the way forward?Is this the way the Italians and spanish do it , surely not,but who am I to say
01-07-2003, 08:26 PM