DUNLOP LOSES HIS BMW RIDE ??????
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
DUNLOP LOSES HIS BMW RIDE ??????
[Image: mdunlopraisedfists.jpg]

It has been widely reported around the web this morning that Michael Dunlop will lose his BMW ride for 2015, as was initially reported on the MCN website, with their report now having been mysteriously removed.

Here it is in its entirety however:-

MCN can reveal that 11 times TT winner Michael Dunlop is without a job for the 2015 season. The 25 year old is losing his BMW ride for the North West 200, TT and Ulster Grand Prix races after it was revealed that the Buildbase Hawk BMW squad he was contracted to this year is to be replaced by the Northern Ireland-based TAS team as BMW’s officially supported team for next year’s BSB and road racing campaigns.

The Ballymoney man, who won two North West 200 races and the Superbike, Superstock and Senior TTs on Stuart Hicken’s Buildbase Hawk prepared BMW S1000RRs in 2014, is expected to be replaced by the TAS team’s current road riders, Guy Martin and Michael’s elder brother, William.

The sensational shift to BMW sees TAS sever their longstanding relationship with the Suzuki factory, which is expected to focus its racing budget and resources on a return to the MotoGP series.

A full announcement on the TAS team’s 2015 plans is expected later in the week when it will be revealed whether the squad’s current sponsors, Tyco, are to continue their backing

With the link to the removed story page:-

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/mcn/sport/...s-BMW-ride

26-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: DUNLOP LOSES HIS BMW RIDE ??????
[Image: guyandwillied.jpg]

TAS team set to link up with BMW for road race season

The Northern Ireland-based TAS Suzuki team are set to run BMW bikes at the main international road races in 2015.

The Moneymore outfit, who have fielded Suzuki machinery for many years, are expected to re-sign William Dunlop and Guy Martin for next year.

Michael Dunlop rode BMW Superbike and Superstock bikes for the Buildbase Hawk BMW team this year, but now appears to be without a ride for next season.

The 25-year-old won the 2014 Superbike, Senior and Superstock TTs on BMWs.

He also won one of the Supersport races on a 600cc Honda to complete his second successive four-timer at the Isle of Man event.

The younger of the Dunlop siblings also won a Superbike race at the North West 200, with his elder brother William winning the other 'big bike' outing for the TAS team.

William went on to record a third place finish in the second Supersport TT and was pushing for the race lead in the Senior TT as he lapped at 130.80mph.

Martin enjoyed a highly productive TT week with second and third place finishes in the Superbike and Senior.

The TAS team, run by Hector and Philip Neill, will campaign the BMW bikes at the North West, TT and Ulster Grand Prix, as well as the British Superbike Championship, ending their long association with Japanese manufacturer Suzuki.

Michael Dunlop confirmed that he had lost his seat with BMW but added that he was "not overly concerned".

"I have 11 TT trophies on my mantelpiece and only three were won on a BMW, so I plan to be back with another manufacturer.

"I will wait and see what happens, but I can assure you I will be back to win lost more TTs and North West 200s next season and beyond."

Dunlop will also now not compete at next month's Macau Grand Prix.

[Image: bbcsport.gif]
26-10-2014, 05:26 PM
Website Find Reply