Michael Dunlop will keep on winning wherever he ends up
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Michael Dunlop will keep on winning wherever he ends up
[Image: mdunlopinpitlane.jpg]

You would need to have been living under a rock this past five or six days not to have seen, heard or been informed on the recent developments surrounding 11-time TT winner Michael Dunlop and his reported split from BMW for 2015.

Michael announced at the Ballymoney Sports Awards that he would not be continuing with the German manufacturer, following a conversation with the leading manufacturer's top brass last week.

Where the prodigiously talented Ballymoney man goes from here is anyone's guess, but having won Isle of Man TT races on a fistful of different machinery this past few years, wherever he decides to lay his hat in 2015 will undoubtedly offer up a winning opportunity.

The grapevine currently has him speaking to World Superbike team Crescent Suzuki about a potential deal to ride GSX-R machinery at next year's event, and up-and-coming BSB team GB-Moto are also reputedly hunting down his signature with the lure of a six figure salary.

Some have even hinted that Dunlop may end up riding in the Mar-Train Yamaha team, following an announcement last week that the Temple based team would run Yamaha UK's official effort in 2015.

But is the BMW door fully shut?

Can the Ballymoney man not run his own team in 2015, which has always suited him best?

Or is there an option for the new official team to take on the hard charging 25-year-old?

No doubt speculation on his 2015 whereabouts will run for quite some time.

[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]
By Paul Lindsay
31-10-2014, 10:51 AM
Website Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 71
RE: Michael Dunlop will keep on winning wherever he ends up
Yeah he,s got what it takes has Michael if its a half decent bike he will get the best out of it very determined outlook to his racing put him on a top notch bike and you won,t see wich way he,s gone,he reminds me of Bob Mcintyre approach wring its neck
21-11-2014, 02:03 PM
Find Reply
matjaq Offline

Threads: 1
I'm sure he'll win many more as the article says. I don't understand why no manufacturer has offered him a steady job on terms he can accept though, he's surely worth it and although not always a corporate advertising execs dream in interviews, his riding more than outweighs the odd curse word. It is after all motorbike racing not a knitting competition, as Steve Parrish likes to say.
21-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Find Reply
the old man Offline

Threads: 8
i did not think he would win on the BMW this year i was wrong
21-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Find Reply
Raymy55 Offline

Threads: 2
I've no doubt Michael will be lining at whatever race he chooses to come the start of the new season. Could he still be back on Honda machinery?, I wouldn't rule it out.
21-11-2014, 11:46 PM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Threads: 4
Wouldn't rule out a Honda ride it would be great if he could get a decent bike and team to forge a long standing relationship with save all the hedge hopping and last minute rides and uncertainty, maybe Yamaha with the new R1 would be force.
22-11-2014, 12:20 PM
Find Reply
Sackman Offline

He could borrow my 77 Raleigh Chopper and he would still win, would be nice to see him win on a GSXR (THE BIKE THAT EVERYONE SAYS IS FINISHED)....
Bike2Bike2Bike2
23-11-2014, 12:58 AM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

He would probably have about the same chance as winning on a chopper as he would on a gsxr lol joke 😁 it would be really cool if he did do that mind and stranger things have happened at sea and the Suzuki did finish second last year but still think he will go the Yamaha way.
23-11-2014, 03:41 PM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
Michael deserves the best bikes on the grid the guy is just unreal and sure someone with sense will offer him the deal he needs!

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
24-11-2014, 10:22 AM
Find Reply