Brookes to miss T.T. 2015
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brookes to miss T.T. 2015
[Image: joshbrookesprett.jpg]

Milwaukee Yamaha rider Josh Brookes will not compete at T.T. 2015.

The news has been confirmed to Manx Radio by Team Boss Shaun Muir.

He says they have worked hard to keep Brookes at Milwaukee Yamaha and the aim is to win the British Superbike Championship.

Brookes has made no secret of his desire to move to World Superbikes or MotoGP and will work closely with Yamaha next season.

He will compete in the Suzuka 8-Hours as well as a couple of wildcard entries into World Superbike rounds.

Milwaukee Yamaha will receive a high level of input form Japan at the BSB series next season.

[Image: manxradiomain.gif]
20-11-2014, 01:09 PM
Website Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Brookes to miss T.T. 2015
Michael Dunlop on milwaukee yamaha?
20-11-2014, 10:25 PM
Find Reply
canamant Offline

Threads: 1
Whose decision was this ? JB or SM ?
21-11-2014, 12:39 AM
Find Reply
wsn03 Offline

Threads: 6
Does anyone really think this won't be played out right to the end? I'm sure this is part of the pantomime that attracts interest, coverage etc. I've noticed every year now there is some drama unfolding before the start of racing, I hope that is what it is at any rate, would be good to see him go well at the TT; he's definitely due a NW200 win, he was on course for it last year before his crash.
21-11-2014, 10:17 AM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 71
I think he,s done what he can at bsb always found somebody a tad more consistent than himself a bit like Chris Walker both terrific riders but just can,t win the bsb crown but maybe next year on the new R1, he will be missed at the TT he,s done the apprenticeship there, with a better bike who knows, hope he gets a chance to ride the Mountain circuit again.
21-11-2014, 01:55 PM
Find Reply
spannerman Offline

Threads: 28
Enter Michael Dunlop, Shaun Muir Milwaukee Yamaha, spanners told you all 15/11/2014 on our old forum, and he's going to win 5 TTs 6 if he is allowed to ride a twin.
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2014, 10:55 PM by spannerman.)
21-11-2014, 03:34 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
I must admit I'm in agreement with wsn, every year there is a panto regarding who will and won't be riding, hutchy and md from last year spring to mind. I will say though that it wouldn't surprise me at all if md is on a yamaha on the roads next year

=======================================================================
See you on the island
21-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Threads: 4
Josh done an amazing job on the roads and can see him back for more unless he gets a wsb ride, it's a good shout md and Yamaha.
22-11-2014, 12:25 PM
Find Reply
ago/mh1967 Offline

Threads: 3
Have to agree with canamant. whose decision was it ?

After JB`s tt performance so far I recon he will be gutted not to be riding.
....today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.
23-11-2014, 12:21 PM
Find Reply
Virgil Offline

Honestly believe Josh would have joined the 130 club if he had been riding a Suzuki or a Honda. The R1 and the TT didnt get on !
Cant wait to see the new R1 on the Mountain course though !!

Virgil
23-11-2014, 04:12 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
I think for JB's future career prospects there is far more world long term potential earnings opportunities in doing well at the BSB and the worlds wild card rides on offer than there is in doing the TT , the TT is more about personal fun and ambition , box ticking ,

on the roads he had more than one close shave and he knows in his heart you can't get away with that on the roads like he did on the tracks when he first came to BSB
23-11-2014, 05:40 PM
Find Reply
ago/mh1967 Offline

It`s a good point Eddy. I (maybe wrongly) assumed that he had fell `in love` with the tt and he would continue riding there and build on his experience year after year, but as you point out, maybe he realises that he can have a long and profitable career on short circuits with less risk.

Of course I am only guessing and only JB knows whats best for him, and I wish him all the best where ever he races. I`m sure he will be missed on the Island tho.
....today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.
23-11-2014, 06:39 PM
Find Reply

for us Island lovers yes it is good to see top riders from other series competing on the Island , but with the new R1 coming , next year is going to be a very important year for J B , with factory development work on his shoulders, if he can make the new bike work it could be his launch pad on to the world scene , with the best chance he will ever get to cash in ,

how would he do on the world scene ?? in the WSB maybe if the Yam has what it takes and can hang on to it , in Moto GP I am not so sure I think that would be a bigger ask , no offence to the lad He is a far faster man than I would ever have been , but I just don't see him cutting it at GP level , but wherever he ends up I wish him well , as a TT and BSB marshal he has entertained me well even if it was a bit scary in the early days
23-11-2014, 07:47 PM
Find Reply
eman1948 Offline

Threads: 6
(23-11-2014, 07:47 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: for us Island lovers yes it is good to see top riders from other series competing on the Island , but with the new R1 coming , next year is going to be a very important year for J B , with factory development work on his shoulders, if he can make the new bike work it could be his launch pad on to the world scene , with the best chance he will ever get to cash in ,

how would he do on the world scene ?? in the WSB maybe if the Yam has what it takes and can hang on to it , in Moto GP I am not so sure I think that would be a bigger ask , no offence to the lad He is a far faster man than I would ever have been , but I just don't see him cutting it at GP level , but wherever he ends up I wish him well , as a TT and BSB marshal he has entertained me well even if it was a bit scary in the early days

Lets be controversial,  MotoGP is premier league, WSB is first division, BSB is lower first division dropping into 2nd division.

TT riders are all Hero`s which is tops for me.

OK get the knives out I can take it. Hehe
25-11-2014, 08:26 AM
Find Reply

There is no need for knives out , your scenario is about right , I would put WSB and BSB very close together ,

and the TT does not come in to the equation as it is a once a year unique event run totally different , being a time trial run event , the TT is about the danger , the ultimate life and death challenge on two wheels
25-11-2014, 10:57 AM
Find Reply