IOMTT Forum Closure
Yamanx Offline

Threads: 12
RE: IOMTT Forum Closure
Hi guys Smile

Yet to investigate, was a member on ttwebsite about a millennium ago, but it all appears to have changed somewhat Smile Didn't recognise old log in etc. Fortunately didn't even recognise the username, as I have still retained it. Smile

Look forward to some similar TT posting etc Smile
21-11-2014, 10:46 PM
Find Reply
Sprint198 Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
I'm another one that didn't know of this forum. Just like to say thanks to Malcom no need to apololgise for the delay in setting my user up I thought it was quicker than expected. Icon_biggrin
21-11-2014, 10:55 PM
Find Reply
Redog Offline
Banned

Threads: 1
Glad you fingered it out and made it over Eddy. Wouldn't be right if you didn't.
Now where is Amsterdam. . . . . . . . . . ?

21-11-2014, 11:22 PM
Find Reply
Allyshaper Offline

Checking in.
21-11-2014, 11:57 PM
Find Reply
wsn03 Offline

Threads: 6
(21-11-2014, 11:22 PM)Redog Wrote: Glad you fingered it out and made it over Eddy. Wouldn't be right if you didn't.
I spoke to her, she said she'll be coming over.
22-11-2014, 12:02 AM
Find Reply
Philtrx850 Offline
Just Getting Started

Just checking in, great to see so many of the old forum members transferring over.
PhilIcon_biggrin
22-11-2014, 12:28 AM
Find Reply
MIKE B8S Offline

Threads: 4
Hi all. Another of the IOMTT forum gypsy's moving sites! And this one's actually much better! Haha
22-11-2014, 12:41 AM
Find Reply
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24
Took some minor pleasure in deleting the short cut to the old forum.

This was tempered by finding out Don Simons had died - I still owe him dinner.

Also found a PM from 6 years ago that I didn't know about :-).

Good to see so many familiar names and the forum warming up. Hopefully Malcolm can capitalise on this new found popularity somehow - at least enough for it to be worth the extra aggro.

Sam
22-11-2014, 02:43 AM
Find Reply
tfortt Offline
Just Getting Started

Checking in!

Thanks a lot, Malcolm for hosting us here! Youtheman
22-11-2014, 06:26 AM
Find Reply
Sharktooth Offline
Just Getting Started

The King is Dead. Long Live the King
22-11-2014, 12:16 PM
Find Reply
panman Offline

Threads: 10
(21-11-2014, 09:42 PM)c iom tt Wrote:
(21-11-2014, 07:56 PM)panman Wrote: A bit of a qualified thanks from the forum admin on the 'This Forum is Read Only post:

"Many thanks again to those who have made positive contributions to the forum over the years."
And did you notice the 'Paradise' icon used at the 'Now read only' thread
That was a bit of a kick in the teeth if they mean it is now paradise for them now.

I hadn't spotted that! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Route 66 Blog: www.thehandys.co.uk/blog 
22-11-2014, 12:51 PM
Website Find Reply
arsey30 Offline

(21-11-2014, 04:38 PM)panman Wrote: Are you local to Ash or Guildford Arsey30? I live south of Farnham
22-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Find Reply
arsey30 Offline

North of Farnham,
22-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Find Reply
panman Offline

Threads: 10
(22-11-2014, 01:03 PM)arsey30 Wrote: North of Farnham,

Not far from here then, we should catch up for a beer sometime
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Route 66 Blog: www.thehandys.co.uk/blog 
22-11-2014, 01:11 PM
Website Find Reply
SILJA Offline

Threads: 38
Just want to se what happens if I copy and paste from TT Course knowledge.

If it works I can promise a new and quite comprehensive update after New Year. I have a question to Malcolm, is colored text available at this forum, please?
Sorry Malcolm, I was too quick! I can see the font color button now.

Test Test Test Test and what I can see after a preview IT WORKS!!! Have patience please.
As far as I can see now, this forum works better than the old one. Gives more possibilities and so on. Great Malcolm!

Please leave this test as a test. I prefer to publish the entire and updated list when it is ready. If you have a need to read the knowledge before the update is published, go to the old page. Hold your cursor over TT 2015 to the left at the top. Then you'll see a droplist. At the bottom there is Forum Archive. Click it! No log in needed.

The texts in italic and with "quotation marks" are notes from Richard "Milky" Quayle. I've got a document from "Milky" written with reference to facts available after the 2013 TT races. All the mentioned speeds are in m.p.h.

NOW THERE IS AN UPDATED GUIDED TT-LAP AVAILABLE. IT'S IN SLOW SPEED ON CLOSED ROADS. YOU'LL FIND IT: HERE!

It is hard to give up this task so here is a new attempt from me to put names of places and bends at the TT course in a correct order. If you find mistakes, feel free to to tell me, please! Objections are welcome.

PLEASE NOTE! There are some changes since the earlier published lists.

Sources:
Andrew Reid's Virtual Isle of Man.
Bob Holliday's book Racing Around the Island.
Isle Of Man TT Official Site.
Members of this forum.
Paul Bradford's book Isle of Man TT & MGP Memorial 1907-2007.
Peter Corlett about plaques.
Ray Knight's  book TT Riders Guide.
The Official Spectator Course Guide 2010.
TT Course Incident Management Green Book 2007.
Yn Cheshaght Ghailckagh. (The Manx Society.)

Andrew Reid's Virtual Isle of Man. 360° Panoramic Views.
http://www.virtualiom.com/tt

Please click the links for panoramas. Requires either java enabled in your browser or the quicktime plugin installed. Drag the mouse with the mouse button pressed - rotate the panorama to look up, down, left or right. For more information or help about the panoramas, please visit: http://www.virtualiom.com

The bold digits in italic shows TT Course place names with their approximate milage in miles from the start. Mile markers, black digits on orange bottom, are measured from the start line which means that they are not always at the same spot as the milestones are in reality! Some milestones along the course are, for example, measured from the old capital Castletown and their placings has nothing with the TT Course to do.

NO MARSHALLS - NO RACES! Did you know that there's a need of a little more than 500 marshalls around the course before a practice or race?

HERE IS THE LIST OF NAMES FROM START TO FINISH!

Start And Finish Line (Grandstand) 0/37.73 http://www.gyrovision.com/panoid/47/100/1

Braddan Bridge 1.7 http://www.gyrovision.com/panoid/78/100/1
S-bend left-right handers. There were ten Irish saints named Brenainn. The form Braddan into which Brenainn developed in Mann, took place at an early date. Manx Notebook suggests this is from St. Brandon, an abbot who died in 1066 on the Isle of Arran. On the wall at the churchyard there is a plaque on the wall for newcomer Serge Le Moal who was killed here in 125 cc practice in 2004. After the 2nd roundabout there is a seat to remember marshall Percy Guest who was hit by a local motorcyclist when preparing for a practice. Possible the get to at race. Some parking. Come early. Here is a Grandstand with a small fee. Toilets at the Grandstand and in the Church Hall. Food and drinks at the Grandstand and in the Church Hall. "3rd gear. 100 on a big bike."

An updated map is free to download in different sizes and resolutions at:
http://www.luff.org.uk/tt_map/

[Image: oczq.jpg]
Map updated November 10th 2013.
Don't be that optimistic! The light in the tunnel can be a train. Sad
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2014, 02:41 PM by SILJA.)
22-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Website Find Reply
warrior Offline

Threads: 2
Phew that was some journey, after telling everyone else to head over here I found myself stuck behind all the congestion then couldnt recover my log in.

But here now and looking forward to future debates.
22-11-2014, 01:38 PM
Find Reply
Kursaal Flyer Offline

Threads: 37
(22-11-2014, 01:38 PM)warrior Wrote: Phew that was some journey, after telling everyone else to head over here I found myself stuck behind all the congestion then couldnt recover my log in.

But here now and looking forward to future debates.

Warrior , that would account for the fact when I quoted you as my guide in my sign up here it said, unknown user !
22-11-2014, 01:56 PM
Website Find Reply
Timmy594 Offline

Threads: 4
Don't know how I've missed this site before. Anyway, good to see everyone is migrating. The site looks good.
22-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Find Reply
Redog Offline
Banned

Threads: 1
Don't know if you Brits have this available yet (DVD) but here goes. . . . . . .
Unrideables 2
22-11-2014, 04:02 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
(21-11-2014, 11:22 PM)Redog Wrote: Glad you fingered it out and made it over Eddy. Wouldn't be right if you didn't.

Dont blame me I never touched  the Girl , that was the devilish Wo3 fellow , and we have all heard of his antics with men and women (keep your backs to the wall ) ha ha ha sorry Will could not resist , lol 
22-11-2014, 04:56 PM
Find Reply