Official reason why iomtt.com closed the forum
spannerman Offline

Threads: 28
Thumbsdown  Official reason why iomtt.com closed the forum
The reason, DED have said to an official house of keys member today that it closed the forum due to, "offensive posts from anonymous person's" that being their reason why? didn't they pull the plug on the individuals that caused them to throw their dummy out.
(This post was last modified: 21-11-2014, 09:20 PM by spannerman.)
21-11-2014, 09:10 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Official reason why iomtt.com closed the forum
That seems an extreme reason for pulling the plug on the whole forum. I cannot say that I read a lot of offensive posts, yes, there was criticism but the officials, politicians and civil servents work in the glare of the public and should expect and welcome criticism. Seems a blinkered outlook to me. Anyway, it don't matter, we're all over here and made welcome.

=======================================================================
See you on the island
21-11-2014, 09:21 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 364
Duke Marketing could identify everyone, it says so in the 'Terms and conditions', about reserving the right to identify you in response to a court order or threat of legal action.
It also says they can access your private messages.
21-11-2014, 09:30 PM
Website Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
If that is true, it is also beyond belief.
Well they have managed to silence the 'vocal minority' (there description) on there own website, thats for sure.
I really worry for the future of the TT now, I really do.
21-11-2014, 09:37 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
Hello captain n c iom tt, good to see your over here too

=======================================================================
See you on the island
21-11-2014, 09:45 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Online
Administrator

Threads: 13
Offended ? - Have they left their house lately and seen the world outside. That's just a smokescreen for the real decision, there was nothing on that forum in real world terms would upset anybody. I'd put some money on - "I say Jeeves, we can't have those ruffty tuffty hooligan types spoiling our corporate image, they know too much and way more than we ever will about the bloody sport, damn shame we got rid of the birch".
21-11-2014, 09:46 PM
Find Reply
andyrsv Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
The real spirit of what the tt was about is slowly dissapearing, hope it comes back when hype dies down.
21-11-2014, 10:04 PM
Find Reply
TTNeb Offline

Threads: 4
That really doesn't make sense at all. I've been on other forums that have been far worse with foul language, insults, offensive behaviours and they are still online. There is definitely some hidden agenda going on here.
Everything will be alright in the end. And if it's not alright, it's not yet the end.

21-11-2014, 10:14 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
As ever full of ----- the whole answer given to the house boils down to one segment ( by anonymous people ???? ) I fully accept that I was one that was well known for opening my big mouth , but anonymous I am not they have my contact details and would willingly talk to them any time they like , so we have come on here does that mean we will not be allowed to discuss the poor way the public servants are doing their jobs ???
21-11-2014, 10:21 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39
I can well believe this, especially in the light of comments by admin and an unfortunate emoticon in the final closure post.

I think it's rather pathetic of the DED if this is the case. It's not realistic to expect every post to approve of everything they do and to be critical of them is not the same thing as a personal attack.

If someone chooses a life in politics or chooses to be a fairly public figure in something like the TT, which arouses passion in people, then don't be surprised if you don't always hear what you want to - and grow a thicker skin, it goes with the territory.

21-11-2014, 10:27 PM
Website Find Reply
Yamanx Offline

Threads: 12
I don't believe this tripe, there was hardly ever any "offensive" posts on the iomtt forum, and when there were, it was tame by comparison to other web forums.

Its about money, Duke Marketing charged the DED for putting up an "official" web site and, probably that funding has been withdrawn.

Its some jumped up, so high can't get down, spiteful idiot, who thought they would pull the plug for their own agenda. This was probably an adult male who has some kind of position within the TT hierarchy, which is a worry.
21-11-2014, 10:56 PM
Find Reply
Boltonswanderer
Unregistered

Is this a coincidence but why are DED putting out tenders to run the TT ??
Or am I missing something.
21-11-2014, 11:12 PM
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
(21-11-2014, 09:30 PM)captainsparkledotcom Wrote: Duke Marketing could identify everyone, it says so in the 'Terms and conditions', about reserving the right to identify you in response to a court order or threat of legal action.
It also says they can access your private messages.

it is true duke can contact you
a few years ago i mad a few negative posts regarding duke video and there policy to issue new customers coppies of closer to the edge dvd when i had mine on pre order and had to wait as it wasnt in stock
they phoned me and tried to fob me off with loads of excuess
we did have a good chat about a few things but still didnt solve the issue regarding customers ordering the dvd and getting it within 2 days when i had to wait about 2 weeks after release and it had been on preorder for months
anyone else think duke might have a few running problems
closed the shop in town a couple of years ago
when purchasing new dvd's using clubcard points they have gone up from 800 points to 1400
now the forum has been pulled at very short notice
maybe just me but i had a few thoughts the other week when i noticed the sudden large increase on the club points thing i had plans to cash my points in for a few dvd's but when i went looking suddenly i dont have enough points to get the 3 i was going to get
maybe better cash them in for whatever i can find and start buying from other online retailers that are cheaper
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2014, 12:05 AM by scaramanga.)
21-11-2014, 11:58 PM
Find Reply

Yamax you have it there
Its about money, Duke Marketing charged the DED for putting up an "official" web site and, probably that funding has been withdrawn

And there in lies another story how much did the ded pay? Bet Malcolm wishes he got that much and it's not as if they were good at it the times that people asked for them to sort things out and nothing was done

It is understandable that they need to make savings where ever they can, but no need to go off cocked hat put it up for debate to see how it could be done cheaper, and then they wonder why people do not trust their ability to run something as big and as important as the TT
22-11-2014, 12:13 AM
Find Reply
stubottle Offline

Threads: 2
Aptly named, the DED!
Huh
22-11-2014, 01:17 PM
Find Reply
matjaq Offline

Threads: 1
'Official' may not equate to 'genuine'. I wonder who was the offended party? Perhaps the ones about the tender to run the TT being a done deal struck to close to the truth? I think many of us on there shared a healthy distrust of officialdom when it came to the TT.
22-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Find Reply
Thomas Jefferson Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
“Withholding information is the essence of tyranny. Control of the flow of information is the tool of the dictatorship.” ― Bruce Coville

The tinpot wannabe dictators can shut down as many forums as they like, we'll just keep creating new ones. Quocunque jeceris stabit!
22-11-2014, 06:37 PM
Find Reply

Let us not be too harsh they are little boys in a man's world , with no bench mark to guide them, there is no workshop manual for running the only event like it in the world and faced with the financial times we live in to day with the excpectations of many that having the TT is a license to print money , when the reality is it is far from it,

The problem they have is accepting that they have reached a level that it would be wise to concentrate on maintaining , rather than gambling it all on a hiding to nothing long shot

Do some in house housekeeping cut out waste and have more faith in the people that if they did but know it have the ability to do well just make what they do more transparent and be grateful that you have something so unique just don't be remembered for being the ones that killed it
Please Please I beg you
22-11-2014, 08:13 PM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12
(22-11-2014, 06:37 PM)Thomas Jefferson Wrote: “Withholding information is the essence of tyranny. Control of the flow of information is the tool of the dictatorship.” ― Bruce Coville

The tinpot wannabe dictators can shut down as many forums as they like, we'll just keep creating new ones. Quocunque jeceris stabit!

" Due to offensive posts from anonymous persons".

Complete and utter garbage. Believe that and you will believe anything. Duke had total control of the forum and any miscreant who stepped out of line or caused even the slightest bother or embarrassment for the DED or the ACU had their nuts sliced off faster than a Saudi executioners sword and were then blocked from the forum.

Looking through the original founding members  of this forum in Oct 2005 I see a lot of names who got the chop from IOM TT like Don Simons and myself for all the trouble we caused over the TT course licence. Don was smart enough to get back on under the name of "WALLABY".

Those of you who were here from the start  will remember that we put so much heat on the ACU and it's boss man "Pol Pot",  they shut down their forum because they could not stand the heat  and we were getting to near the truth about an alleged important decision making committee meeting over the course licence that it we believe never took place and the ACU refused to produce the minutes  even to it's own paid up .members despite written requests one even a request on behalf of a licence holder from KIrwans solicitors, Birkenhead thereby I believe in contravention of their own rules.. 
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
22-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Find Reply
Stav Offline

Threads: 3
I`m not a gambling man, but I`ll put a tenner in a charity box if there isn`t a chargeable version of the iomtt forum before the end of Feb 2015!

There you go, they`ll try to `have your pants down` on anything that lot ;0)

The ownership of that tenner is looking a bit shaky. (16/02/15).

What charity will benefit from your generosity ?

Malcolm.
(This post was last modified: 16-02-2015, 08:35 AM by Malcolm.)
22-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Find Reply