Huzzah!
Yep, Remembered my login!
21-11-2014, 11:54 PM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
RE: Huzzah!
Welcome across Fitz.
I feel like we've all clambered across a tightrope to get here. It would do justice to I'm a Celebrity". I too had to think about my login, which I had long since ceased to use.
I'm feeling like a bit of an old boy compared to all these "new" members. I see that I joined in November 2005, (like Fitz).
I wonder how many old boys (and girls) there are on this forum?
I think it's terrific that we have another forum to fall back on, (thanks again Malcolm), I really think the DED have missed a trick, and I cannot see how their site will flourish without the forum attachment.

22-11-2014, 12:02 AM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
(22-11-2014, 12:02 AM)NickJ Wrote: Welcome across Fitz.
I feel like we've all clambered across a tightrope to get here. It would do justice to I'm a Celebrity". I too had to think about my login, which I had long since ceased to use.
I'm feeling like a bit of an old boy compared to all these "new" members. I see that I joined in November 2005, (like Fitz).
I think it's terrific that we have another forum to fall back on, (thanks again Malcolm), I really think the DED have missed a trick, and I cannot see how their site will flourish without the forum attachment.

i agree nick
very rare did i view other parts of that site mainly due to the fact apart from during race periods the news section was/is always a few days behind the forum and other websites
dont think it will be long before the forum is up running again or the website goes the same way as the forum has this sad day in tt history
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
22-11-2014, 12:20 AM
Find Reply
sinisterdexter Offline

Threads: 2
(22-11-2014, 12:20 AM)scaramanga Wrote:
(22-11-2014, 12:02 AM)NickJ Wrote: Welcome across Fitz.

i agree nick
very rare did i view other parts of that site mainly due to the fact apart from during race periods the news section was/is always a few days behind the forum and other websites
dont think it will be long before the forum is up running again or the website goes the same way as the forum has this sad day in tt history

Even if they did get the old forum up and running again, I think it would be poor form to decamp en masse back over there after the nice welcome we got here and the hard work that was done to get all the admin sorted.

22-11-2014, 12:52 AM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39
Remember, this is a decision made by politicians. To re-instate the old forum would be to admit error on their part and when did a politician ever do that? And do you think we would be allowed the privelege of free speech?

I think it's best that we settle in our new home and forget about the old one.
22-11-2014, 01:03 AM
Website Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
cant arguee with both views above
but there must be loads who dont know its gone
please everyone spread the word around other forums we need allthe true loyal fans involved
theres a few idiots who are welcome to stay away
and at least 1 idiot i would like to see make the switch (bender) always made me smile when bender posted some of his humour
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
22-11-2014, 01:15 AM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
I don't think I would go back to the other forum, as said above, it would be bad form to decamp from here after such a warm welcome. To me, there is no point going back if this forum provides the info, humour and topics that was once found on t'other un.

I too agree with earlier comments about the sponsors being disappointed, the amount of hits will drop dramatically, ok, it will be buoyant during tt period but for the other 50 weeks it will be very different.

=======================================================================
See you on the island
22-11-2014, 11:31 AM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
The sad thing I feel is the short sighted ness of their actions , lack of insight to how things work , some one just coming in to biking catches the TT on tv and thinks wow that looks good I want some of that ! So what do they do they go on hooogle Google and put in Iom TT and up comes the list of sites and top of the list is IOMTT.COM the Official TT web site , now they used to click on it and see all the sections and adverts and saw the forum and wanted advice so signs up and gets the advice they want , now they have no one to ask , and the one word that takes them there is the word OFFICIAL and as good as this site and Malcolm's welcome is we will struggle to be what we were long term , but then how long will the TT be what it is in the hands of the DED and that is what they don't like being told , but taking down one platform does not stop people like us speaking our minds , the only way to stop us is to be open with us all the secrecy and cloak and dagger rubbish only serves to kindle the fire of corruption,
22-11-2014, 12:28 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
(22-11-2014, 12:28 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: The sad thing I feel is the short sighted ness of their actions , lack of insight to how things work , some one just coming in to biking catches the TT on tv and thinks wow that looks good I want some of that ! So what do they do they go on hooogle Google and put in Iom TT and up comes the list of sites and top of the list is IOMTT.COM the Official TT web site , now they used to click on it and see all the sections and adverts and saw the forum and wanted advice so signs up and gets the advice they want , now they have no one to ask , and the one word that takes them there is the word OFFICIAL and as good as this site and Malcolm's welcome is we will struggle to be what we were long term , but then how long will the TT be what it is in the hands of the DED and that is what they don't like being told , but taking down one platform does not stop people like us speaking our minds , the only way to stop us is to be open with us all the secrecy and cloak and dagger rubbish only serves to kindle the fire of corruption,
I know what you mean eddy, first timers will not be able to tap into experienced advice as to ferries, where to watch, accommodation, good and bad campsite feedback and all the other stuff that goes with experience. Some people's experience of their first tt will suffer for it, most of us have given advice to first timers and folks coming from abroad.

Best thing that they could do is put a link up to this site (bet they don't do that though)

=======================================================================
See you on the island
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2014, 12:54 PM by H2pots.)
22-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
(22-11-2014, 12:28 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: The sad thing I feel is the short sighted ness of their actions , lack of insight to how things work , some one just coming in to biking catches the TT on tv and thinks wow that looks good I want some of that ! So what do they do they go on hooogle Google and put in Iom TT and up comes the list of sites and top of the list is IOMTT.COM  the Official TT web site , now they used to click on it and see all the sections and adverts and saw the forum and wanted advice so signs up and gets the advice they want , now they have no one to ask , and the one word that takes them there is the word OFFICIAL and as good as this site and Malcolm's welcome is we will struggle to be what we were long term , but then how long will the TT be what it is in the hands of the DED and that is what they don't like being told , but taking down one platform does not stop people like us speaking  our  minds , the only way to stop us is to be open with us all the secrecy and cloak and dagger rubbish only serves to kindle the fire of corruption,

May not be exactly what you refer to, however if you insert ttwebsite into Google - Up comes this website at number 1 and number 2 with the "other" site at number 3.

If you put in iomtt as you suggest, that website come up at number 1.

Reason for both being at number one in those respective instances is that you are using the actual website name as a search clause.

It is highly unlikely that someone who has never been to the TT or knows nothing about the TT would know to put iomtt into the search box, it is more likely to be something along the lines of ttwebsite first in my opinion. Or Isle of Man to start with and then who knows where they would go from there.

Just my opinion Eddy

Malcolm
smilie
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
22-11-2014, 01:08 PM
Website Find Reply
TTNeb Offline

Threads: 4
Out of curiousity H2pots I googled TT then TT forum - the old site came up several times (ironically) and lots for other TT acronyms including Audi. After 6 pages this website was still not listed.

However when I googled tt website forum, this site was listed 3rd, after 2 listings for the old 1 (!).

Hopefully people will persevere to find out where we've all migrated to and we'll have to spread the word too!
Everything will be alright in the end. And if it's not alright, it's not yet the end.

22-11-2014, 01:10 PM
Find Reply