facebook and twitter now deliver much more open and engaging methods for fans
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 365
RE: facebook and twitter now deliver much more open and engaging methods for fans
Faceache I can't get really get into, although I do have a page.
Twitter has worked out well for updates at the TT (police bulletins, roads closed, race news),
and also for warnings of possible Aurora Borealis!
Bearing in mind I have an £8 phone from Asda, not one of these 'smart' phones, I have to activate Twitter to send texts from the relevant people.
I've learned after the first year,
when I got Twittering texts from all and sundry, ran into 100's of texts over just 1 race, and me battery went flat!
24-11-2014, 06:56 PM
Website Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
RE: facebook and twitter now deliver much more open and engaging methods for fans
I joined Twitter to follow Paul Philips.
The ONLY reason why, was he was making anouncments on the about the TT way before they were anounced on the Official TT website, which I found a very odd policy at the time, now of course, it is starting to make sense.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
24-11-2014, 08:29 PM
Find Reply
sinisterdexter Offline

Threads: 2
I like them both, they have their place.
As I've said elsewhere on here, I wouldn't put anything on them that I'm not happy for the whole world to know, if you follow that principal you can't go wrong.
Twitter has been really useful for grumping about stuff to big companies and it getting sorted really quickly.
Virgin Trains' Twitter desk is really good, they're really helpful on there and more than once they've been able to arrange seat reservations for me via Twitter when the people in the Travel Centre told me "computer says no".
Neither are a forum though and couldn't replace one effectively though.
One thing I will say (actually, that's a lie, I'm going to say loads of things over the months and years) is this. Having been so nicely welcomed over here by Malcolm and seeing how well put together it is and how well it is run, I think perhaps its a tad impolite be bemoaning the demise of the old forum.
The way I see it, we've only benefitted in the long run by being sent in the direction of this forum so by all means, lets give the old one some stick and reminisce about all the faults that it had but I see no reason to express sorrow at it's demise, what we have now is much better.
How's life??? Better than the alternative.

25-11-2014, 11:38 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
Agreed Dexter, I think this forum is better, so, the demise of the old un has been positive, it steered us all to a better forum.

=======================================================================
See you on the island
25-11-2014, 11:55 PM
Find Reply
studiosoft Offline

Threads: 1
Facebook and Twitter are designed for people who have nothing better to do all day than stare at their phones.
If you don't go on them for a few weeks, the content you have missed is lost in the mists of time.

A forum can be left for weeks and when you return, the information is still laid out in a logical manner.
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am going as fast as I want.
26-11-2014, 08:58 PM
Website Find Reply
panman Offline

Threads: 10
Has anyone actually found the 'Official TT' FB page?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Route 66 Blog: www.thehandys.co.uk/blog 
26-11-2014, 09:09 PM
Website Find Reply
Kursaal Flyer Offline

Threads: 37
twitter the stalkers paradise  ( thats not the rider by the way ) Icon_cool 

Makes me smile when you read in the papers when somebody complains about being hustled on twitter for something, easy cure turn it off !
Old enough to know better, young enough to have given it a go ! Icon_cool
26-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Website Find Reply
spannerman Offline

Threads: 28
Twitter is used by an inside himself senior member of DED to tweet in the GOV time openly "lets wind up spannerman tonight" on iomtt.com
26-11-2014, 10:34 PM
Find Reply