Conor Cummins looks set for another season with Honda
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Conor Cummins looks set for another season with Honda
[Image: conorheadshotred.jpg]

It's not 100% official yet, but it looks like Manx road racer Conor Cummins has secured himself a second season with Honda.

The Ramsey Rocket was speaking to Manx Radio at Motorcycle Live in Birmingham, which today is focusing on the Classic TT

A big delegation is there from the Department of Economic Development's Motorsport Division, promoting both the Festival of Motorcycling and the TT.

Conor says there are a few things to be finalised for the coming season, but it's looking good:

[Image: manxradiomain.gif]
(This post was last modified: 23-11-2014, 06:54 PM by Malcolm.)
23-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Website Find Reply
Hammy Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Conor Cummins looks set for another season with Honda
Be great if Honda have this available for TT2015, be nice to hear a V4 leading the way, (even though I ride an R1 !).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JDYS1OPgI0
23-11-2014, 08:05 PM
Find Reply
windyman Offline

Threads: 0
Great if conor has honda for 15, he did the biz at T. T.14 and deserves it for 15. Good luck big man.
23-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
(23-11-2014, 08:05 PM)Hammy Wrote: Be great if Honda have this available for TT2015, be nice to hear a V4 leading the way, (even though I ride an R1 !).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JDYS1O
Oooo mcguiness's perch for the senior?

=======================================================================
See you on the island
23-11-2014, 09:37 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: conoratcreg.jpg]
Conor Cummins set to confirm second season at Honda

Manx rider Conor Cummins will remain with Honda in 2015 after recapturing his best form this year at the Isle of Man TT.

The Ramsey rider put the CBR1000RR Fireblade SP on the podium in the Dainese Superbike race in third place behind Michael Dunlop and Guy Martin, making an emotional return to the rostrum in the blue riband class four years after his life-threatening crash on the Mountain Course.

Cummins raised his game further in the showpiece PokerStars Senior race as he challenged Dunlop in the first half of the six-lap event, eventually taking a stunning runner-up finish as he crossed the line 14 seconds behind the Ulster rider.

The 28-year-old proved he could still compete at the forefront on the biggest stage of all and his performances have earned Cummins a second season with Honda, although the deal is yet to be officially confirmed.

However, the news could be announced in the coming days at the annual Motorcycle Live Show at the NEC in Birmingham, where Cummins is among a host of star names in attendance.

The Isle of Man rider said he was grateful to Honda for throwing him a ‘lifeline’ in 2014 and is confident of remaining in the team next year.

“Honda have been happy with me this year and what I’ve done so that’s good enough for me. There are still a few things to be confirmed and officially announced but it’s looking very hopeful anyway,” Cummins told Manx Radio.

“I was given a lifeline really to be fair [by Honda in 2013] and I’m really grateful for it. Honda gave me a great package, as did Jackson Racing and the RAF Reserves team. They gave me the right tools to show what I can go and do, or show damn near what I can do anyway.”

The ‘Ramsey Rocket’ competed in the Supersport class for Jackson Racing and was supplied with a Superstock-trim Fireblade by British championship outfit RAF Reserves Honda to complement his outings on the factory Superbike at the North West 200 and TT.

Cummins, though, missed the final big international meeting of the year at the Metzeler Ulster Grand Prix in August after breaking his forearm in a crash on the Jackson Honda at the Southern 100 in July.

The former Dundrod outright lap record holder was expected to be right in the mix for honours at the world’s fastest road race but no doubt will aim to make amends next August.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
24-11-2014, 03:25 PM
Website Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 70
thats good news he deserves another crack at it on the honda,s
25-11-2014, 03:46 PM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
Really thought the big man from Ramsey was back to full tilt this year and he did look really smooth on the Fireblade.Best of luck to him and I`m sure John will be a good help to him!

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
26-11-2014, 11:30 PM
Find Reply