Threads: 43
Ian Mackman to retire
Ian Mackman has announced he is to retire from TT racing ,
23-11-2014, 11:22 PM
Find Reply
wsn03 Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Ian Mackman to retire
Interesting..... I wonder what brought about that decision? Well he's had a good career, hope he enjoys whatever he moves on to.
24-11-2014, 09:52 AM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
That a shame.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
24-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Find Reply
Smokin Haddock Racing Offline

Threads: 8
Ian Mackman doesn't need an excuse for anything as far as his TT career goes, particularly given the injuries he suffered a few years back.

Hope he enjoys his TT retirement in the warm glow of his achievements.
24-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Find Reply
wsn03 Offline

CIOMTT's signature isn't separated, so it always get read as part of his replies.

CIOMTT - put some hyphens or something to separate your signature will you!!!! Smile
24-11-2014, 03:10 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

(24-11-2014, 03:10 PM)wsn03 Wrote: CIOMTT's signature isn't separated, so it always get read as part of his replies.

CIOMTT - put some hyphens or something to separate your signature will you!!!! Smile

Better?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
24-11-2014, 03:36 PM
Find Reply
wsn03 Offline

(24-11-2014, 03:36 PM)c iom tt Wrote:
(24-11-2014, 03:10 PM)wsn03 Wrote: CIOMTT's signature isn't separated, so it always get read as part of his replies.

Better?

Yes that will do. Now you can apologise to Ian for suggesting he's making excuses Icon_biggrin  (you will respect my authorita being a poster with a higher post count than you)
24-11-2014, 03:40 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

(24-11-2014, 03:40 PM)wsn03 Wrote:
(24-11-2014, 03:36 PM)c iom tt Wrote:

Better?

Yes that will do. Now you can apologise to Ian for suggesting he's making excuses Icon_biggrin  (you will respect my authorita being a poster with a higher post count than you)
Ahh...
The penny has just droped.
Didnt read it or think of it like that. Assumed he had chosen not to do the TT anymore, not making an excuse why he could not.

24-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Find Reply
wsn03 Offline

I know what you mean Mike! It's just your post read it like something completely different......
24-11-2014, 04:03 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Mackers was one of the riders I use to keep an eye on to see how he was progessing through the field.

24-11-2014, 04:18 PM
Find Reply
wsn03 Offline

He was top privateer one year wasn't he - a good fast rider.
24-11-2014, 04:22 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Online

Threads: 392
All the best for the future for the lad, a nice bloke he is too.
Happy memories of a top launch night at Lancaster Brewery a couple of years ago, with The Hairy Snids.
Beer2 Beer2 Beer2
24-11-2014, 10:15 PM
Website Find Reply
hairysnid Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
T'was indeed a top night of Bikes, Beer and Craic captain!Party1
Team Hairy Snid - Bikes, Beer, Craic!.

facebook - Team Hairy Snid

twitter - @teamhairysnid
25-11-2014, 09:59 AM
Find Reply
Amsterdam Offline

Threads: 1
(24-11-2014, 04:03 PM)wsn03 Wrote: I know what you mean Mike! It's just your post read it like something completely different......

on the other hand... (I find it quite an inspiring quote) and have done for some time, so... a good memory wsn 03 should have remembered... (ooops, now don't say I've got too much time on my hands, as I'm currently into a bale of terry cloth to make some hooded surf capes and very busy indeed.)
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2014, 12:01 PM by Amsterdam.)
25-11-2014, 12:00 PM
Find Reply
hairysnid Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
We at Team Hairy Snid were proud to have been able to sponsor Ian a couple of TT's back and couldn't wish to have met a nicer guy who we now consider himself and his family to be good friends.

Here's Ian's own words on his retirement.

A good end to the season and probably my last one racing. I’ve been slowly winding down my racing career, only competing in three short circuit events alongside the TT this year. I decided at the TT this year that it would be my last one as a competitor. I love the place, the event and everything about it and I wouldn’t deter anyone from doing it. As we all know you never know what life is going to deal you next. You could choke on a peanut/get hit by a bus tomorrow but with a young family I just can’t taunt it any longer. I broke the 125mph barrier this year, a personal goal of mine, my sector times show that a mid-126 is on the cards but if I don’t stop now there will always be another goal to chase. I know all too well what I’m like! Nobody wants to be the guy that didn’t know when to stop. The consequences of me not coming back to my caravan at the end of the race are just unbearable. I love racing and it’s given me, and my family, so much but I just don’t live for it like I used to, so why risk everything doing it? Like any good gambler I think you need to know when to walk away, happy with what you’ve achieved. I’m also not exactly getting rich racing bikes, quite the opposite in fact, and I feel that the time has come to sort the rest of my life/finances out. I wouldn’t swap any of it, the experiences, stories and friends I’ve met along the way will stay with me forever. Although if I could wind back the clock I would certainly reconsider my entry speed into turn three at Anglesey on September 13th 2009! Which coincidentally is the last time my shoulders were symmetrical and I could feel all of the skin on my back! Would I like to live in a big house in a nice area? Yes! Would I swap that for the life that I’ve had racing bikes…never!
Team Hairy Snid - Bikes, Beer, Craic!.

facebook - Team Hairy Snid

twitter - @teamhairysnid
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2014, 02:04 PM by hairysnid.)
25-11-2014, 01:46 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Online

Threads: 392
(25-11-2014, 01:46 PM)hairysnid Wrote: We at Team Hairy Snid were proud to have been able to sponsor Ian a couple of TT's back and couldn't wish to have met a nicer guy who we now consider himself and his family to be good friends.

Here's Ian's own words on his retirement.

A good end to the season and probably my last one racing. I’ve been slowly winding down my racing career, only competing in three short circuit events alongside the TT this year. I decided at the TT this year that it would be my last one as a competitor. I love the place, the event and everything about it and I wouldn’t deter anyone from doing it. As we all know you never know what life is going to deal you next. You could choke on a peanut/get hit by a bus tomorrow but with a young family I just can’t taunt it any longer. I broke the 125mph barrier this year, a personal goal of mine, my sector times show that a mid-126 is on the cards but if I don’t stop now there will always be another goal to chase. I know all too well what I’m like! Nobody wants to be the guy that didn’t know when to stop. The consequences of me not coming back to my caravan at the end of the race are just unbearable. I love racing and it’s given me, and my family, so much but I just don’t live for it like I used to, so why risk everything doing it? Like any good gambler I think you need to know when to walk away, happy with what you’ve achieved. I’m also not exactly getting rich racing bikes, quite the opposite in fact, and I feel that the time has come to sort the rest of my life/finances out. I wouldn’t swap any of it, the experiences, stories and friends I’ve met along the way will stay with me forever. Although if I could wind back the clock I would certainly reconsider my entry speed into turn three at Anglesey on September 13th 2009! Which coincidentally is the last time my shoulders were symmetrical and I could feel all of the skin on my back! Would I like to live in a big house in a nice area? Yes! Would I swap that for the life that I’ve had racing bikes…never!

How about a retirement do,
at the brewery,
of course!
Beer2
26-11-2014, 09:27 PM
Website Find Reply