Posting Graphics - Updated 10th Feb
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Posting Graphics - Updated 10th Feb
Update Notes For Those Who Like To Use/Upload Graphic Files

1: Good news for everyone. ( I think).

Investigation has revealed that the source code for the Forum is set up to show graphics in postings that are actually hosted on other server locations and that they are not uploaded to the TTWebsite server as was my initial understanding of the new upgraded forum layout etc. 

This means that you can place as many viewable graphic postings as you like to the maximum permissible number within each posting.

So I apologize to those who received my comments on this matter that were contradictory to the above updated information.

Thankfully this means that there  is no increased load on the server, for space and/or bandwidth.

2: Physical Sizing

While the above information means that physical re-sizing of any photograph that is used within any postings is not a mandatory action, it would be appreciated if they are kept to a reasonable size that ensures they will remain viewable within the viewable area of the postings made. 

Preferable sizing of each photograph - approximately 640 x 480 pixels and a resolution of 72 dpi.

3: Format

I would ask that all photographs used are maintained in a .jpg format.

4: On Line Programmes For Storage/Resizing etc

For those who do not possess a server, you can use On Line Storage facilities for your photographs such as 

Photobucket

Flickr

Online Converter

Plus I am sure many others that members will recommend,

5: Links to External Commercial Sites

I DO NOT permit postings from any website, of photographs that are linked back to any website with the intention of procuring a financial gain from said postings. 

Anyone operating such a website who posts without gaining prior permission to do so, will have all data deleted immediately upon it being discovered and quite possibly being banned from TTwebsite if there any repeats of such behaviour.

As Ade once said - Your local baker can't sell his cakes and bread in the ASDA foyer without paying a fee to ASDA (however which way Fee is interpreted).

--- / ---

As and when I have any updates regarding Graphics for the website, I shall upload it here for your information.

Update February 10th

Here is one of the most comprehensive FREE Graphic Manipulation programmes I have ever come across. (Multi-Lingual too).

Phoxo - Download Pagehttp://www.phoxo.com/en/

It's only about 5Mb and works on most systems

Malcolm.

smilie
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2022, 01:56 PM by Malcolm.)
25-11-2014, 12:31 PM
Website Find