JAMIE HAMILTON JOINS BURROWS RACING
bambam Offline

Threads: 6
JAMIE HAMILTON JOINS BURROWS RACING
by Kyle White

Ballyclare’s Jamie Hamilton is aiming to take his career to the next level in 2015 after signing a new deal with John Burrows as a replacement for Manxman Dan Kneen.

The 23-year-old rode for Wilson Craig’s Honda team this year but a below-par season was blighted by injury following a crash in the Grand Final at the Skerries 100, which caused him to miss the Southern 100 and Metzeler Ulster Grand Prix.

Hamilton, who will compete on the Burrows Engineering Suzuki GSX-R1000 Superbike and will also have a Supersport Honda and a Kawasaki ER6 Supertwin at his disposal, will undertake a full programme of Irish National road races in addition to the North West 200, Isle of Man TT, Southern 100, Ulster GP and Macau Grand Prix.

The Dungannon team enjoyed a stellar season in 2014 with Braddan man Kneen clinching the Ulster and Irish Superbike crowns and scaling the top step in the Ulster GP Superstock race.

Kneen turned down the opportunity to remain in Burrows’ set-up for 2015, switching to Ballymoney outfit Millsport Suzuki, but former racer Burrows is confident young gun Hamilton will be a more than capable replacement.

“I’m delighted to have found a rider of Jamie Hamilton’s calibre to lead Burrows Engineering Racing’s national and international roads campaigns in 2015,” he said.

“He’s the ideal man for the job and it’s a bonus that he’s a local man too. He’s a proven race and title winner and although 2014 didn’t work out particularly well for him, Jamie showed what he is capable of on a number of occasions, especially at Bush where he scored four wins and denied my team two Superbike wins.

“All our sponsors will be announced in due course,” he added. “There will be some loyal and familiar names on the side of the bike as well as some exciting new ones.”

Hamilton - the top newcomer at the Isle of Man TT in 2012 and a podium finisher in the Supertwin class at the North West 200 and Ulster Grand Prix - also believes he can secure more success for B.E. Racing next year.

“My year with Wilson [Craig] didn’t go as planned really; there was nothing wrong with the bikes or anything but I didn’t feel comfortable within the team and I’m not sure that would have changed for next year,” he told the News Letter.

“I did have talks with Wilson and I have a lot of time for him, but I like the way John runs his team and I’ll be able to just turn up and ride the motorbikes.

“I want to put more effort into my training and be in the best possible shape to try and bring more success to the team in 2015,” he added.

“I know the bikes are competitive and it should be interesting going up against Dan next year in his old team, but I’m looking forward to it and I’m feeling confident.”

i took this from http://www.newsletter.co.uk just couldnt post link Blush Blush Blush
27-11-2014, 10:45 AM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
RE: JAMIE HAMILTON JOINS BURROWS RACING
Fantastic!Jamie is a top lad and i wish him all the best.

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
27-11-2014, 10:57 AM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: burrows&hamilton1.jpg]

Jamie Hamilton joins B.E. Racing for 2015

Ballyclare’s Jamie Hamilton is aiming to take his career to the next level in 2015 after signing a new deal with John Burrows as a replacement for Manxman Dan Kneen.

The 23-year-old rode for Wilson Craig’s Honda team this year but a below-par season was blighted by injury following a crash in the Grand Final at the Skerries 100, which caused him to miss the Southern 100 and Metzeler Ulster Grand Prix.

Hamilton, who will compete on the Burrows Engineering Suzuki GSX-R1000 Superbike and will also have a Supersport Honda and a Kawasaki ER6 Supertwin at his disposal, will undertake a full programme of Irish National road races in addition to the North West 200, Isle of Man TT, Southern 100, Ulster GP and Macau Grand Prix.

The Dungannon team enjoyed a stellar season in 2014 with Braddan man Kneen clinching the Ulster and Irish Superbike crowns and scaling the top step in the Ulster GP Superstock race.

Kneen turned down the opportunity to remain in Burrows’ set-up for 2015, switching to Ballymoney outfit Millsport Suzuki, but former racer Burrows is confident young gun Hamilton will be a more than capable replacement.

“I’m delighted to have found a rider of Jamie Hamilton’s calibre to lead Burrows Engineering Racing’s national and international roads campaigns in 2015,” he said.

“He’s the ideal man for the job and it’s a bonus that he’s a local man too. He’s a proven race and title winner and although 2014 didn’t work out particularly well for him, Jamie showed what he is capable of on a number of occasions, especially at Bush where he scored four wins and denied my team two Superbike wins.

“All our sponsors will be announced in due course,”
he added. “There will be some loyal and familiar names on the side of the bike as well as some exciting new ones.”

Hamilton - the top newcomer at the Isle of Man TT in 2012 and a podium finisher in the Supertwin class at the North West 200 and Ulster Grand Prix - also believes he can secure more success for B.E. Racing next year.

“My year with Wilson [Craig] didn’t go as planned really; there was nothing wrong with the bikes or anything but I didn’t feel comfortable within the team and I’m not sure that would have changed for next year,” he told the News Letter.

“I did have talks with Wilson and I have a lot of time for him, but I like the way John runs his team and I’ll be able to just turn up and ride the motorbikes.

“I want to put more effort into my training and be in the best possible shape to try and bring more success to the team in 2015,”
he added.

“I know the bikes are competitive and it should be interesting going up against Dan next year in his old team, but I’m looking forward to it and I’m feeling confident.”

Meanwhile, fans will have another chance to see the powerful film ‘Road’ on Thursday night (November 27) at a fundraiser in aid of BBC Children In Need at O’Connor’s Bar, Main Street, Crumlin from 8pm. Everyone welcome.

Kyle White
[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
27-11-2014, 12:23 PM
Website Find Reply
MIKE B8S Offline

Threads: 4
Glad jamie's got a ride sorted. Should gel with the bikes hopefully. On the other hand, there's a seat going at wilson craigs team. Look forward to that announcement!
27-11-2014, 03:07 PM
Find Reply