William Dunlop on the BMW Move
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
William Dunlop on the BMW Move
[Image: wdunlopwithbmw1.jpg]

I am delighted to sign another year with the TAS Team sponsored by Tyco Security Products and excited by the change of Machinery to BMW.

Moving to BMW Motorrad is an exciting change and one I’m looking forward to. We all saw what the BMW S 1000 RR was capable of achieving this season, so with the expertise of the guys at TAS Racing, I’m pretty sure we can do a good job in 2015.

I got my first international Superbike win last year and I’d really like more next year as it’s the class to do it in. We have a top team and I’m happy to be working with Guy again at the TT, where I think together we can be even stronger with this exciting new package.

Philip Neill – Team Manager:

“It really is a great honour for TAS Racing to be chosen by BMW Motorrad to spearhead their official racing efforts in 2015, and everyone involved has been very supportive in helping us put the correct package together.

“As part of our agreement with BMW Motorrad, we will have full support from the factory both technically and personnel-wise next season to help us achieve our goals.”

On the rider line-up for 2015, the Tyco BMW team manager added:

“We put a lot of thought into our rider line up for 2015 and as always the goal is to win races both in British championship and also at International level on the roads. We fully expect to be championship contenders in British Superbike and the National Superstock class next season racing BMW’s S 1000 RR, and on the roads I’ve every confidence that William and Guy will also benefit from riding top class Tyco BMW machinery.”

Lee Nicholls, BMW Motorrad Marketing and PR Manager, said:

It is with great pleasure that we can finally announce BMW Motorrad’s support of the TAS Racing team for the 2015 British Superbike and Road Racing season.

“In 2014, BMW Motorrad had its most successful season of racing ever in the UK, which has enabled us to increase our support to both the British Superbike and Road Racing paddocks for 2015. The TAS Racing team will spearhead our assault on track, and on the roads, and will receive the full technical support from BMW Motorrad Motorsports in Munich within the framework of the BMW Customer Racing Strategy.

“As a company we are very much looking forward to working with Hector and Philip and their team and we are confident that together with the all-new S 1000 RR we will challenge for podiums and wins across the UK and Ireland next year.”

Phil Dashey, Vice President & General Manager at Tyco Security Products concluded:

“We’ve had a great working relationship with TAS; our brand has grown significantly as a result, so to renew with them, but work with a new manufacturer under the Tyco BMW banner is a very exciting prospect”

“We’ve enjoyed success on various platforms in a number of guises and liveries with the TAS team, but I’m sure I will echo everyone’s sentiments when I say our major goals for 2015 are to lift the British Superbike title and a coveted Isle of Man TT top step.”

[Image: wdunlop2015logo.jpg]
17-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Website Find Reply