Slade to perform in island during the TT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Slade to perform in island during the TT
[Image: slade2014.jpg]

One of the most successful bands of the glam rock movement, Slade, will be performing at the Villa Marina in Douglas on Friday, June 5.

The band is led by founder members Dave Hill and Don Powell but Noddy Holder is no longer a member.

Slade had no fewer than 23 Top-20 singles of which six were Number 1, plus six albums. Their enduring songs Cum On Feel The Noize and Coz I Luv You are still featured today in TV commercials.

Slade first hit the road in 1966, touring throughout Great Britain and Europe. Joining forces with the former Animals bass guitarist and Jimi Hendrix Experience manager, Chas Chandler, Slade achieved the first chart hit in May 1971 with the Bobby Marchan song Get Down And Get With It then released in October of the same year Coz I Luv You was the band’s first No-1 and a huge hit across Europe.

Throughout the seventies, SLADE became one of Europe’s biggest bands, touring and recording continually and making regular trips to America, Japan and other parts of the world.

At the beginning of the eighties, Slade were invited to appear at the Reading Rock Festival, a massive annual event that attracted over 100,000 people.

As a result, the band signed a new record deal and unleashed the anthem We’ll Bring The House Down, which reached the Top-10 in the UK in January 1981.

Slade then began forging a new path through the hugely influential British heavy rock scene. A second successful appearance at Castle Donnington in 1981, before a crowd of 200,000 people, consolidated the band’s position and paved the way for the single Lock Up Your Daughters, and the album Til Deaf Do Us Part.

While Slade were busy in the UK releasing the massive hit My Oh My to huge acclaim, LA metal band Quiet Riot were spreading the word Stateside with their version of Cum On Feel The Noise, which proved so successful that they followed it up with Mama We’re All Crazee Now.

Tickets on sale from the Villa Marina Box Office from Thursday, December 18.

[Image: iomtodaynewlogo.jpg]
18-12-2014, 12:13 PM
Website Find Reply
Amsterdam Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Slade to perform in island during the TT
Now that will be a good gig to go and watch. Shame Holder not performing any longer!
18-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Find Reply
serowmaster Offline

Threads: 4
Yes Noddy was a good front man with a powerful voice I bet he is missed in the band smilie

GETTING OLD IS MANDATORY FEELING OLD IS OPTIONAL smilie
25-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Find Reply
BcakWeleher Offline
@markybiker

Threads: 3
Hehehehehe

I saw this line up last year at Guildford, they were on with Sweet who have one original member left.

All the old faves and after a few beers you could imagine you were back in 1973...just about......

The vocalist (on the left above) is not bad and the guitarist on the right is built like a chippendale and spent most of the time with not much clothing on. The ladies seemed to like him it has to be said!!

Enjoy.......
  Beer2  Triumph Sprint ST.  The Empire Strikes Back!!
24-02-2015, 09:51 AM
Website Find Reply