38.64%
17 38.64%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Sanitized
Hammy Offline

Threads: 7
Sanitized
Athough I originally welcomed a new TT forum after the old forum closed down I am now disenchanted with this forum. There is no longer any "banter" , immediately the heavy hand of Malcolm comes down and there is no TT news that is not copied from other sites. Although the other site could sometimes be "abrasive" (Douglas Dan, where are you ?), at least it had a beating heart and not a forum on life support. So bye and will be in the hedges in June.
19-12-2014, 12:06 AM
Find Reply
AOMR Racing Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Sanitized
(19-12-2014, 12:06 AM)Hammy Wrote: Athough I originally welcomed a new TT forum after the old forum closed down I am now disenchanted with this forum. There is no longer any "banter" , immediately the heavy hand of Malcolm comes down and there is no TT news that is not copied from other sites. Although the other site could sometimes be "abrasive" (Douglas Dan, where are you ?), at least it had a beating heart and not a forum on life support. So bye and will be in the hedges in June.

Mind the prickles Huh
19-12-2014, 12:09 AM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
I'm not sure that Malcolm HAS been heavy handed. There was a "stick to the point" post, but what else?
I think we could do with a bit more banter admittedly, however, I don't think there would have been much going on with the old forum at this time of year.
Malcolm deserves credit for accommodating us all back on here, (though to be fair I have never left), and I think this forum will develop in the new year when everyone gets back in the mood.

Come on Hammy, why don't you provide a bit o' banter?
19-12-2014, 11:49 AM
Find Reply
Big thumpa Offline

Threads: 5
 I think its great personally ,fairplay to Malcolm for his hardwork its only what we make it Gimmefive
19-12-2014, 12:32 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
It will definitely pick up on here after Xmas. When more users are on there will be more differing opinions, the banter will start.

=======================================================================
See you on the island
19-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Find Reply
Frizbee Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
I am more than happy with it - it even has an off topic section so you dont get moaned at for posting off TT topic on a TT forum!

My understanding is that this isnt a "new forum" but an existing forum that people from the other forum have moved onto.  Malcolm has done a great job taking so many of us in.

I really like the "view new posts" and "view today's posts" options and getting a proper notification of a private message too!
(This post was last modified: 19-12-2014, 01:47 PM by Frizbee.)
19-12-2014, 01:37 PM
Find Reply
studiosoft Offline

Threads: 1
I haven't seen any heavy handedness going on here but that may change when the results of the trials, of the alternative method of getting to the island are published.
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am going as fast as I want.
19-12-2014, 01:38 PM
Website Find Reply
cookie77 Offline

Threads: 3
(19-12-2014, 01:23 PM)H2pots Wrote: It will definitely pick up on here after Xmas. When more users are on there will be more differing opinions, the banter will start.

Moan because one forum closes then moan because the forum you have decided to join isn't what you were looking for?

Think it's more likely that your the problem not the forum. Why not post up some new information that can be commented on in the right way?
19-12-2014, 01:41 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
Who's moaning cookie? You not read my post properly?

=======================================================================
See you on the island
19-12-2014, 01:45 PM
Find Reply
cookie77 Offline

Threads: 3
(19-12-2014, 01:45 PM)H2pots Wrote: Who's moaning cookie? You not read my post properly?

Haha sorry wasn't meant to be a reply to your post, just at the original :-)
19-12-2014, 02:19 PM
Find Reply
Ken37.73 Offline

If they old forum had a moderator like Malcolm it might still exist ...................
19-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Find Reply
veefour Offline

Threads: 16
Personally I never thought the copying & pasting news from other sites etc. ever was of much use. Most of it was old news anyway.
Grey-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.
19-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
Oh what short memories some people have , the other forum had gone slack for some time and all ways did from time to time that's just what forums do , as for our host Malcolm ! he has standards and fair play to the man if more people in the world had standards it would be a far nicer place to live in and there would be far fewer troubles ,
ok some may not agree with every thing that you do but that's life , but putting the time and money it to the forum as you do you earn the right to have your standards obayd and RESPECTED

It all ways makes me smile when people that only post once in bleu moon then complain that it is boring ??

19-12-2014, 04:45 PM
Find Reply
Amsterdam Offline

(19-12-2014, 12:06 AM)Hammy Wrote: Athough I originally welcomed a new TT forum after the old forum closed down I am now disenchanted with this forum. There is no longer any "banter" , immediately the heavy hand of Malcolm comes down and there is no TT news that is not copied from other sites. Although the other site could sometimes be "abrasive" (Douglas Dan, where are you ?), at least it had a beating heart and not a forum on life support. So bye and will be in the hedges in June.

Look at the bright side... at least you can spell and know the meaning of the word " hedge", with which one of us earlier on this week clearly had some trouble... ;-)

Winter dull? Gosh, all those extra hours for creative indoor stuff...

D Dan I always have believed to have been the horse tram minder and was still on the old forum as such.
19-12-2014, 05:29 PM
Find Reply
warrior Offline

Threads: 2
Cant see the problem eitber, Malcolm will properly moderate the forum, as he should, not just because its his site, or because he likes to jump on anyone, but because he could be the person held responsible if someone decided to take issue with any of the content, but it hasnt to my knowledge restricted anyone.

As i'm sure most people are aware, running a forum brings with it certain responsibilities, i've met Malcolm a few times, he's spot on, a genuine enthusiast, and runs this site as a hobby out of his own pocket which he is happy to do.

He told everyone from the start that we were welcome here, and as its his house then its his rules, i'm happy with that.
19-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Find Reply
TTNeb Offline

The OP hasn't discusssed the right topics. I, for 1, have been involved in banter over on this site and, like many others, am grateful Malcolm has welcomed me into the fold.
Everything will be alright in the end. And if it's not alright, it's not yet the end.

19-12-2014, 06:34 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
the so called news on the other site was always around 3 days old so no change there
if you dont like the site dont come on and post and as for the heavy hand of our leader just be gratefull dukes heavy hand isnt involoved i got phone calls at home regarding truthfull posts i made against duke video
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
(This post was last modified: 19-12-2014, 07:13 PM by scaramanga.)
19-12-2014, 07:04 PM
Find Reply
bsa499 Offline

Threads: 48
That's bit harsh! I like this site and there are a lot of newcomers from 'the other place'. When they and the existing members get sorted I think it will be even better.
19-12-2014, 07:30 PM
Find Reply
serowmaster Online

(19-12-2014, 04:45 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: Oh what short memories some people have , the other forum had gone slack for some time and all ways did from time to time that's just what forums do , as for our host Malcolm ! he has standards and fair play to the man if more people in the world had standards it would be a far nicer place to live in and there would be far fewer troubles ,
ok some may not agree with every thing that you do but that's life , but putting the time and money it to the forum as you do you earn the right to have your standards  obayd and RESPECTED  

It all ways makes me smile when people that only post once in bleu moon then complain that it is boring ??

+ one eddy smilie

GETTING OLD IS MANDATORY FEELING OLD IS OPTIONAL smilie
19-12-2014, 07:49 PM
Find Reply
veefour Offline

Threads: 16
I also used to get hacked off with the 'What colour wheels do you like best', & the 'How I can get through Laurel Bank at 160mph on my Norman Nippy' type threads. Those sort of discussions can stay on Face Ache .
Am I getting old smilie !!
Grey-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.
19-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Find Reply