38.64%
17 38.64%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Sanitized
Sackman Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Sanitized
Typical, moan moan moan. If you don't like the style of this forum then leave and start your own, Ah but you don't want to do that do you because it's easier to have a pop at someone else's. I don't post very often but I visit this forum nearly everyday and enjoy it. The old forum turned into nothing more than tabloid trash with Douglas Dan etc.
I for one rate this forum and hope it continues to grow and develop as I'm sure it will.

Rant over

Sackman
16-03-2015, 10:37 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
If Douglas Dan and his "banter" are a highlighting plus point or something to look forward too then you're quite possibly missing the point of road racing.
16-03-2015, 10:51 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
OK,

That is one down and gone who tested my patience, just a little bit too much.

Are there any more out there who want to do that, because believe me I am in the mood right now to get rid of anyone who wants to push me into hitting that "kill" button.

This website and Forum are owned and administered by myself, and I have allowed all of you to access it freely and to use it in accordance with my wishes by way of agreeing to the T&C's when you register.

It appears that some of you just do not want to do that and that you want to run the Forum your way. That is exactly what got the iomtt.com Forum closed down.

Being the Owner, Administrator and a Moderator of the Website & Forums, I have the right to  Moderate the Forums and ensure that the T&C's are met by all who use the Forums. I do this continuously throughout each day, in order to ensure that what is posted is acceptable with respect to the T&C's for the Forums.

If the way that I run the Forums is not to your liking, then perhaps it may be better for you to find yourself somewhere else to go and make life difficult for some other poor sod.

This site has been in existence for some 15 years and I have never suffered such problematical difficulties with Forum members as I have recently.

This just isn't going to happen any longer.

Malcolm.

[Image: angryoldman.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 17-03-2015, 02:59 PM by Malcolm.)
16-03-2015, 11:03 PM
Website Find Reply
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24
The absence of Douglas Dan pointless witter is one of the good things about this site.

I check in reasonably regularly and its the same thing almost every day - the same 4 or 5 regulars who contrive to turn almost every thread into an attack on the DED. Rarely constructive - mostly just bitterness.

The guy from Mugen comes on and provides a good deal of interesting technical insight and then ends up having to defend himself repeatedly from digs from the same bitter old men who now dominate the forum - just a shame for the rest of us who occasionally see a glass half full.

If anything made me that unhappy I'd stop doing it.

Sam
Warning Level 0% since 2006
16-03-2015, 11:54 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
(16-03-2015, 11:54 PM)Sam Pato Wrote: The absence of Douglas Dan pointless witter is one of the good things about this site.

I check in reasonably regularly and its the same thing almost every day - the same 4 or 5 regulars who contrive to turn almost every thread into an attack on the DED.  Rarely constructive - mostly just bitterness.

The guy from Mugen comes on and provides a good deal of interesting technical insight and then ends up having to defend himself repeatedly from digs from the same bitter old men who now dominate the forum - just a shame for the rest of us who occasionally see a glass half full.

If anything made me that unhappy I'd stop doing it.  

Sam
So are we all suposed to bow our heads in awe at everything that Mugen posts?, and if we dont, we are just dissmised as bitter old men?
Same goes for the DED. For the most part, they do a very good job, but it seems to be a henious crime to some people if anything negative is said about them.
A lot of the anti DED comments are constructive, but can you name me of ONE instance when they have taken on board any advise, and admited they were wrong?
Just because the have done a good job on a lot of aspects relating to the TT does not mean that everything they do is correct.
At the end of the day, the other forum was shut down because they did not want there flaws pointing out to a wider audience.
But you are bang on the money about Douglas Dan.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
(This post was last modified: 17-03-2015, 12:10 AM by c iom tt. Edit Reason: spelling )
17-03-2015, 12:10 AM
Find Reply
wsn03 Offline

Threads: 6
Yes, I can think of more than one example of the DED taking on advice based on personal experience.........but then it's down to how that advice is given, and what that advice is - like any organisation they probably tire of people taking snipes at them for sport, who doesn't? Unfortunately it seems to be a passtime for many on here to whinge at everything they do, and I could be wrong, but it comes across as just for the sake of it.
I've yet to speak to anyone in the DED who isn't interested in having a chat if a fair and constructive approach is taken, one that understands that ultimately they are running the show, are liable for the decisions they make, and are all interested in furthering the success of the events they are tasked with running for their employers.
No doubt I'll be shot to pieces with the usual rantings, but as you can see from the number of posts I've made on here recently I couldn't care less. The fact is the statement that they don't listen is not true, certainly not in my experience, so I can't silently sit by and read statements like that without commenting.

You might not like everything the DED do, everyone's entitled to an opinion. Like you I'm an avid TT and MGP fan, but I can state as fact that the statement that they don't listen is not correct. Just because they don't fold to the people who slate them on forums does not mean they do not listen - I'm pretty sure all the riders and teams wouldn't turn up if that was the case regardless of what I think.

As for this forum, it is Malcolm's with its Terms and Conditions, so he can run it as he sees fit. It's not condusive to the arguments and debates one might be used to, this has the unfortunate side effect of removing some of the balanced posters - for me that's largely down to who's left and who seems to dominate the posts, personally I find it to be the negative posters who keep within rules whilst just being negative, making it depressing and repetetive - hence it's not for me - that's no dig at Malcolm, it's just a consequence of the various elements I suppose. I don't have an answer to that, just giving my opinion. However I appreciate being able to come on here to read Malcom's various news updates.

As for the way Mugen's posts were greeted - I was struggling to understand why he bothered, why come in for all that negative flak on here? Really informative posts, and he was discouraged in every way possible. It should be no surprise to anyone if other particpants / entrants decide not to do the same.
(This post was last modified: 17-03-2015, 12:38 PM by wsn03.)
17-03-2015, 12:32 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
(17-03-2015, 12:32 PM)wsn03 Wrote: Yes, I can think of more than one example of the DED taking on advice based on personal experience.........but then it's down to how that advice is given, and what that advice is - like any organisation they probably tire of people taking snipes at them for sport, who doesn't? Unfortunately it seems to be a passtime for many on here to whinge at everything they do, and I could be wrong, but it comes across as just for the sake of it.
I've yet to speak to anyone in the DED who isn't interested in having a chat if a fair and constructive approach is taken, one that understands that ultimately they are running the show, are liable for the decisions they make, and are all interested in furthering the success of the events they are tasked with running for their employers.
No doubt I'll be shot to pieces with the usual rantings, but as you can see from the number of posts I've made on here recently I couldn't care less. The fact is the statement that they don't listen is not true, certainly not in my experience, so I can't silently sit by and read statements like that without commenting.

You might not like everything the DED do, everyone's entitled to an opinion. Like you I'm an avid TT and MGP fan, but I can state as fact that the statement that they don't listen is not correct. Just because they don't fold to the people who slate them on forums does not mean they do not listen - I'm pretty sure all the riders and teams wouldn't turn up if that was the case regardless of what I think.

As for this forum, it is Malcolm's with its Terms and Conditions, so he can run it as he sees fit. It's not condusive to the arguments and debates one might be used to, this has the unfortunate side effect of removing some of the balanced posters - for me that's largely down to who's left and who seems to dominate the posts, personally I find it to be the negative posters who keep within rules whilst just being negative, making it depressing and repetetive - hence it's not for me - that's no dig at Malcolm, it's just a consequence of the various elements  I suppose. I don't have an answer to that, just giving my opinion. However I appreciate being able to come on here to read Malcom's various news updates.

As for the way Mugen's posts were greeted - I was struggling to understand why he bothered, why come in for all that negative flak on here? Really informative posts, and he was discouraged in every way possible. It should be no surprise to anyone if other particpants / entrants decide not to do the same.
Who said anything about them not listening?
We know they listen, that is why they closed down the other forum.
I have said many,many times that the DED for the large part do a good job, but that does not mean everything they do is correct.My point was, when they do make a mistake, they never admit they were wrong, or do something to rectify that mistake.
I asked does anyone know when that has ever happened. 
There is a big difference on seeking advise, and acting on it, and making a mistake and refusing to reverse that decision.
Agreed with some of the comments on the Mugen thread, but selling the Zero race as a 'Green' event is a sham, and on that basis together with the ongoing low entry list, it should not be a TT race.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
17-03-2015, 01:07 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
(16-03-2015, 11:03 PM)Malcolm Wrote: OK,

That is one down and gone who tested my patience, just a little bit too much.

Are there any more out there who want to do that, because believe me I am in the mood right now to get rid of anyone who wants to push me into hitting that "kill" button.

This website and Forum are owned and administered by myself, and I have allowed all of you to access it freely and to use it in accordance with my wishes by way of agreeing to the T&C's when you register.

It appears that some of you just do not want to do that and that you want to run the Forum your way. That is exactly what got the iomtt.com Forum closed down.

Being the Owner, Administrator and a Moderator of the Website & Forums, I have the right to  Moderate the Forums and ensure that the T&C's are met by all who use the Forums. I do this continuously throughout each day, in order to ensure that what is posted is acceptable with respect to the T&C's for the Forums.

If the way that I run the Forums is not to your liking, then perhaps it may be better for you to find yourself somewhere else to go and make life difficult for some other poor sod.

This site has been in existence for some 15 years and I have never suffered such problematical difficulties with Forum members as I have recently.

This just isn't going to happen any longer.

Malcolm

[Image: angryoldman.jpg]

can only guess at this stage which member is nolonger welcome and if its the 1 im thinking something changed in there posts over the last few months they went from good input to disagreeing with almost everything and just wouldnt let topics die out
for me when a member starts writing negative about everything i just dont read theres posts anymore just skip on to the next
we should all be on here because we love roadracing it dosnt mean we all have the same thoughts but some just seam to be on forums of all types to upset people because they have nothing better to do
at the moment im working 12 hours 2pm to 2 am and its not nice  the reason im doing it is i want to get work out the road so i cand get a few days off to go to cookstown if others had less time on there hands they maybe wouldnt spend as much time on here arguing with others
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
(This post was last modified: 17-03-2015, 03:03 PM by Malcolm.)
17-03-2015, 01:50 PM
Find Reply
Raynetjr Offline

Threads: 6
I don't understand people complaining about a forum being moderated - it happens everywhere (even occasionally on the dark side). I, like others, enjoy the media releases - with no forum to visit I don't visit the official site much so the threads here are often the only way I get to see them.

Perhaps the launch will inspire people to come up with some interesting threads.
17-03-2015, 11:26 PM
Find Reply
gixxertim Offline

Threads: 3
This site has been around for a long time, well done to Malcolm for giving us a place to talk TT
18-03-2015, 08:24 PM
Find Reply